Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 07:08 AM

Re: Do you speak the lingo?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
..... I've also made very good friends with a restaurant in Spain who responded very positively when I first started speaking Spanish.
It's a great language.
I would like to learn others too.
Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Maybe you'ld be better off 'teaching' them rather than 'learning' them Realist.
Maybe 'you'ld' be better off realizing that he obviously meant learning other languages, Alan.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 07:24 AM

You're right PS, my brain is rather slow on the uptake these day. I apologise.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 07:38 AM

No wukkin furries, Alan.
Not sure why I stuck my big nose in anyway. Realist is way smart enough to fight his own battles.
No doubt wiser than I am and chose to let it go through to the keeper.
Boots
Dorset UK
Boots is female  Boots has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 03:15 PM

We used to go to France quite a lot for holidays and so I had to dig deep into my memory and remember some of the French I learnt at school. We got by quite well, and then decided to buy a house there. I really had to get the French up to a halfway decent standard as we had to write cheques (quite different to the way we write them) pay bills, council taxes etc. Sometimes we went to see people who could really not speak any English and then again it was difficult making conversation that sounded interesting and I could speak. Now we no longer have a house or go to France, French has once again slipped back into my memory. I also learnt German when at school but find that almost impossible to remember.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 07:21 PM

Cheers Pumicestone.

Actually I totally missed this thread after contributing to it so only just saw the remark. As you correctly pointed out I would like to learn other languages. I did at one point try learning Italian whilst also still studying Spanish but it was just too confusing as there were too many similarities and yet too many complications with Italian. Had to give it up. I think Mandarin might be useful or some for of Arabic.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top