Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 09:42 AM

Re: planning your next holiday?

Yes jazzi I'm in lovely weymouth , live 1 mile from the beach , not that I go on it often , but do take the grandchildren when they come for the day . life here at the moment very packed , people enjoying the place , it must be wonderful to come here from the towns and cities .
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 09:52 AM

I've been on holidays for over 10 years now. Never thought of planning another one. Not on this planet, anyway. What I would like to do is travel amongst a few of the other billions of galaxies.
Yes I know, asking a bit too much.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 01:12 PM

Susan, back in the 50's & 60's, people used to flock here. A railway line ran to the seaside towns of Cruden Bay, Fraserburgh and Banff all of which have large unspoilt beaches. Back in 1904 Fraserburgh also paid host to Buffalo Bill's Wild West show with over 500 horses and 800 performers.

Now the towns just have beaches. Even on summer days (and we do get them occasionally) the beaches are very quiet which is great for the locals and a missed opportunity for the tourists who think Scotland only has a west coast (complete with rain and midgies).

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top