Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 11:11 AM

Why?

So we've just got back from a wonderful fortnight in the sun in Cuba,the bed was comfortable, the door locked,the drinks were wet and the sun shone,what more did one want? nothing the question why? in the thread title is about families with babe in arms,why in gods name do these people put their babes through it,first the nine hrs on a plane,how do you explain the pressure,then any turbulence, then once landed the heat and humidity,myself I can seek shade and have a drink,but a mere babe in arms?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 12:12 PM

Re: Why?

Its no trouble with a little baby they like being held and as long as they are sucking something the pressure will not affect them that much.
People in the tropics do have babies you know.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 12:38 PM

Babies are always whingeing, or so I've been told.

Take no notice of them.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Its no trouble with a little baby they like being held and as long as they are sucking something the pressure will not affect them that much.
People in the tropics do have babies you know.
I know that,but I never saw one out in the midday sun,the point I'm making is why put the babe through it what do they get from the hol? in my experience babes only cried because they were either hungry or wanted a nappy change,out there they had to contend with the heat because the parents wanted them to.The earliest we considered taking ours abroad was when the youngest was 5.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 12:55 PM

My children were born in the tropics they loved it .
i feel sorry for little ones in our cold old climate .
caricature
Devon,England.

31-08-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My children were born in the tropics they loved it .
i feel sorry for little ones in our cold old climate .
That's the difference though,yours were born into it,the holidaying ones weren't,nothing wrong with the cold,you can keep moving to keep warm.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
So we've just got back from a wonderful fortnight in the sun in Cuba,the bed was comfortable, the door locked,the drinks were wet and the sun shone,what more did one want? nothing the question why? in the thread title is about families with babe in arms,why in gods name do these people put their babes through it,first the nine hrs on a plane,how do you explain the pressure,then any turbulence, then once landed the heat and humidity,myself I can seek shade and have a drink,but a mere babe in arms?
I ask that question also Caricature, their bodies can"t really cope with that high temp. It seems such a shame to put them through it and TBH, the parents can"t really have a relaxing time either IMO.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 01:05 PM

I'm not sure it's much different to when we went camping with baby Tasha, it was freezing and it rained. I'm not sure what she got out of it other than realising we were mad and she had lucked out on the tropical holidays because we were campers
One thing it did do was show her that routines could still happen where ever she was, so it readied her to not care where she was everything would be OK and her life would go on.

15 hours in the car to Scotland dragging a caravan on the back the following year when she was two, that was more challenging I think it started my hatred for the song the wheels on the bus !
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 01:08 PM

When ours were young we used to stay in this country on "bucket & spade holidays.
Only when they started secondary school did we start taking them to the South of France.
caricature
Devon,England.

31-08-2017, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
15 hours in the car to Scotland dragging a caravan on the back the following year when she was two, that was more challenging I think it started my hatred for the song the wheels on the bus !

They can only go around a certain amount of times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top