Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 07:42 AM

Re: What would your dream holiday be?

Round the world ok but not by boat , cant stand sea travel.

Id like to see angkor wat, chichen itza, Machu Picchu, the golden temple of amritsar, and many other places maybe less glam than most holiday destinations..

My ideal job? being Michael Palins stand in on one of his round the world adventures.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Round the world ok but not by boat , cant stand sea travel.

Id like to see angkor wat, chichen itza, Machu Picchu, the golden temple of amritsar, and many other places maybe less glam than most holiday destinations..

My ideal job? being Michael Palins stand in on one of his round the world adventures.
Hi

Angkor Wat is stunning, however there are more fantastic little known Temples.

Easier to get to

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	kanchan.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	4195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kanchanaburi_temple_3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	4196  
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 08:59 AM

A month long cruise down the Danube, stopping off to visit interesting places and cities along the length of the Danube down to the Black Sea.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 11:35 AM

Dream holiday- Mmmmm
I would not want a world cruise, not keen on ships.
Maybe Australia and New Zealand for a few months.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 12:11 PM

I would love to visit countries , on a private Yacht, around the Mediterranean sea.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 01:04 PM

Having worked on cruise liners and passenger liners, I would not wish to go on a world cruise for love nor money.

I love the sea and everything about the work I did, but now there are far too many passengers. 2/3000 people on one ship, takes away the whole ethos of cruising. Queue for this, queue for that. . 2000 people disembarking at every port of call, sounds like the worst nightmare, particularly when multiple ships all arrive at the same port at the same time.

For me, if going on a cruise it would be many sea days and few passengers.

My ideal holiday would be safari in Tanzania, watching the wilder beast or elephants . We can go to most places in our own front rooms now, and so far as temples are concerned, a definite no, no. Many are connected to bad practices which I would want no part of.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 01:09 PM

I have no desire to travel far, the Pembrokshire coast will suit me.
Rain or shine it is a beautiful part of the world .
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:51 AM

There are so many places on this planet I would like to see that it would take many lifetimes to visit them all.

Limited to one holiday though, I would visit Oz, find the farm where my Mum grew up, and visit as many places as I can around there before touring other parts of the country that have all caught my imagination.

When my Gran died we found a suitcase full of photos and unprinted negatives form my family's time living in Oz, and I have been fascinated by it ever since.

This is just one of them. My Mum on her way to Billeroo School. Now that's what I call a school run!

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:23 AM

Oh my, Fruitcake ! I bet your mum didn't see anything unusual in that, but what a fabulous nostalgic photo of times long gone.
It is the simple things that tell a story.

Thanks for sharing.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 05:50 PM

Sail the Great Lakes in Canada on a yacht first and then the rivers on a house boat. With me as capitain of course.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top