Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 10:40 AM

Re: MRI scan

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We wouldn't want any unexpected movement.

Good luck mate
Cheers LD, I will think clean thoughts...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:09 AM

Ooh Rehab, Break a leg and all that!
Whilst in there, could you try and remember how many member’s names on here you can reel off? The thing is, you would probably fall asleep!!

I have never had a MRI scan just ultra sound scans.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:11 AM

MRI scans are certainly nothing to worry about.

There are only two potential problems.

The noise. This is unavoidable and can vary depending upon the magnetic strength of the unit and the scanning sequence.

The other is claustrophobia. I suppose it's like being in a torpedo tube or a coffin, though it never bothered me personally. Some patients need sedation in order to go in, but I think they just need a good talking to! It's perfectly safe, of course, and well lit.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I found if you think of a tune to go with the noise it helps!
I don't like enclosed places so I kept my eyes shut, breathed slowly to stop pannicking.
Good luck , hope all is well.

I'm exactly the same Tess.
If I opened my eyes I would have panicked, so I kept them shut and it was easy then.
When I came out they said I was really good and hadn't moved a muscle.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:38 AM

I wonder if they will let me take some felt tip pens in there? Some arty and tasteful graffiti might pass the time, Rehab woz ere ?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 12:50 PM

I had one a couple of years ago to see how many gall stones were stuck in my bile duct. The noise didn't bother me but I was very uneasy to see how small the tunnel actually is. I know for a fact I would not be able to be put in there head first as I'd go into meltdown with fear, I was in up to my neck for the scan I had and that had me shaking, daft I suppose but I'm too claustrophobic for my own good. By the time my scan was over I was a trembling mess, I could hear my heart bumping at a hell of a rate, and I was dripping with sweat and thought I was going to pass out.
Not trying to put you off, as I see you had one before, if you hadn't I wouldn't have posted..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ooh Rehab, Break a leg and all that!
Whilst in there, could you try and remember how many member’s names on here you can reel off? The thing is, you would probably fall asleep!!

I have never had a MRI scan just ultra sound scans.
What a good idea Art.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 02:01 PM

Have you been given a date for your MRI scan yet, Rehab?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

15-06-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I had one a couple of years ago to see how many gall stones were stuck in my bile duct. The noise didn't bother me but I was very uneasy to see how small the tunnel actually is. I know for a fact I would not be able to be put in there head first as I'd go into meltdown with fear, I was in up to my neck for the scan I had and that had me shaking, daft I suppose but I'm too claustrophobic for my own good. By the time my scan was over I was a trembling mess, I could hear my heart bumping at a hell of a rate, and I was dripping with sweat and thought I was going to pass out.
Not trying to put you off, as I see you had one before, if you hadn't I wouldn't have posted..
Thanks (I think) Roxy
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 02:38 PM

MRI scans a re a doddle, even managed to doze off in one - the noise is somewhat soporific.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top