Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:57 AM

Faecal Microbiota Transplantation

Research shown that FMT has been successful in treating chronic diarrhoea, IBS and inflammatory bowel diseases.

Would be worried about infection.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 11:20 AM

Re: Faecal Microbiota Transplantation

I had never heard of this; I. too, would be worried about infection.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 11:27 AM

I've never heard of this either but as my daughter is often in agony with IBS I'm going to get her to google it and see if it would be any good for her.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 03:30 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43815369

Still not convinced I could do this.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 03:46 PM

I heard about this a while ago and it seems to be an innovative new treatment that offers hope to many with horrible intestinal conditions.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit worried about infection if there was an opportunity to save my life.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Have to laugh at some on here!

Moaning about "faecal transplant" but I'd bet my house they are happily guzzling down pro-biotic yoghurts.

Clueless !

Where do you think the "bios" in those yoghurts come from?

Yep, human waste/faeces
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Seems a promising process, i would not hesitate if i was suffering from IBS.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:00 AM

Best way to resolve gut flora problems is to eat fermented vegetables. Full of Nature's natural bacteria that are on the surface of vegetables. Home made Sauerkraut (which is nothing more than chopped up cabbage with salt left to ferment in its own juices) contains 10 times the amount of healthy probiotic bacteria than these stupid little yoghurt pots. My pot has been fermenting about 5 weeks now so should be ready to eat:

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 10:07 PM

That actually looks a bit weird, Realist, but I have never tasted sauerkraut so I suppose I should not comment. Does it taste good? What would you eat with it - salad, perhaps?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Research shown that FMT has been successful in treating chronic diarrhoea, IBS and inflammatory bowel diseases.

Would be worried about infection.
Never heard of this before. Have heard of people drinking their own urine for various health reasons.

British actress Sarah Miles drank her own urine for over thirty years, in claiming the belief that it immunizes against allergies, among other health benefits.

Former Major League Baseball player Moisés Alou urinates on his hands to alleviate calluses, which he claims allows him to bat without using batting gloves.

Madonna explained to talk show host David Letterman that she urinates on her own feet in the shower, to help cure her athlete's foot problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top