Join for free
View Poll Results: should the British national and religious character be enshrined in law
YES 12 52.17%
NO 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 12:02 PM

Re: national referendum on law to enshrine British way of life

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why do you write in this parculiar style ?
People don't talk like this in the UK - I must assume that you left many years ago and have never returned so are a bit behind the times.
I think he's desperately trying to confirm his adoption of his new Australian identity!

I'm surprised he's not going on about jumbucks and billies!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 12:17 PM

I have always observed that when one is losing the argument - even ones own, people often resort to personalized attacks - play the ball not the player is often quoted on this site - but often ignored by those who feel frustrated with their achievements thus far?

the regular abusers do not need to be named - they are instantly recognizable by their lack of affirmative or positive discourse!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I have always observed that when one is losing the argument - even ones own, people often resort to personalized attacks - play the ball not the player is often quoted on this site - but often ignored by those who feel frustrated with their achievements thus far?

the regular abusers do not need to be named - they are instantly recognizable by their lack of affirmative or positive discourse!
Very elloquently eliquentley ellaquently ......Well put Gumbud and very true!...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 12:35 PM

What? No sense of humour, Gummy.

My last post was meant to be humorous!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 12:43 PM

What argument? What bait? Over a hundred posts and I'm still no clearer on what this thread is about.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Whether or not mediaeval cultures want to keep their women under the thumb in their own countries matters not a jot to me.

Torturing animals, though, is another matter. Something that makes me sick.

But this is our country. We have laws against such things. We have animal protection organisations.

Yet evil halal animal torture persists. Surely, that is against the law, isn't it?

So, yet again, we should be blaming our own leaders although, of course, I realise that they are afraid of the mediaeval culture we are discussing.
Denmark has passed a law that states all animals must be prestunned before slaughter no exemptions for religious reasons . We should do the same .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-07-2018, 01:13 PM

Denmark has passed a law that states all animals must be prestunned before slaughter no exemptions for religious reasons . We should do the same .
Unfortunately, we don't have any MPs with the necessary balls!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 01:16 PM

i am forever writing letters to my MP .
Not where I live ( he's a fox hunter ) but where I am still on the electoral role ,
He's not much use either .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-07-2018, 01:30 PM

i am forever writing letters to my MP .
Not where I live ( he's a fox hunter ) but where I am still on the electoral role ,
He's not much use either .
I'm sure that most of our MPs have only one priority.

Themselves.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i'm sure that most of our mps have only one priority.

Themselves.

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top