Join for free
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:14 AM

Re: Second Referendum on Brexit ?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Exactly. Any true leaver will be furious with the likes of Greening and will be even more determined to leave.
There are a few that have shown their true colours in these Brexit dealings. Carney (Bank of England) The EU, Politicians. TV and Newspapers.

My one vote was given with no axe to grind just commen sense as I saw it and I want that vote seen through to the end.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Count me in Longdogs..... Bruvvers in arms and all that stuff...
You were the first one I thought of .... General Fox.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:34 AM

Oh, wouldn't that just suit the Remainers ambitions.

Another referendum where the lazy young who couldn't be bothered to get their backsides out of bed the first time to vote on the most important event in their lifetime, would of course be now intent on destroying the original legitimate and democratic result of the first Brexit vote.

Yes, surely you remember? the one that every Remainer never tires of telling us - was the result of racist, homophobic, didn't know what they were voting for, too thick to know what they were doing - result.

Of course, if there was a second referendum and the result went in favour of the Remain side, the whole country would be expected to fully respect and accept the decision of the majority vote, Why? well because anyone who voted to remain is obviously more intelligent, in favour of full movement into this country, content and happy to suckle the teat of a dictatorship, consider themselves as European rather than British, knew why they voted to remain and that this new result should be respected. End of.....

What hypocritical BS! .
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Why? well because anyone who voted to remain is obviously more intelligent, in favour of full movement into this country, content and happy to suckle the teat of a dictatorship, consider themselves as European rather than British, knew why they voted to remain and that this new result should be respected. End of.....

What hypocritical BS! .
Well said. It could also mean they actually don't give a toss about this country or what it should stand for or stood for.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I think a second referendum is the only sensible way to go. Greening's proposal would mean the I voted leave and I would vote leave again attitude is not good enough and the brain would need to be engaged to decide whether national suicide or national long-term ailment is the preferred outcome.
lol Devo

Project Fear in full flow there. Only 2 options in the Looney Remain camp, suicide or long term ailment ?!!

And what happens when that second referendum produces a Leave result? A third, fourth, fifth referendum until you get the result you want?

If we value in any shape or form democracy then we MUST stand by the result of the referendum and leave the EU. No "if's" no "buts", we MUST leave.

It's high time pathetic Remoaners got off their facile soap boxes and started devoting their efforts to making BrExit happen and ensuring the expected outfall is managed well.

Currently you stand against democracy in which case you are no more than a despotic tyrant.

I want no part of a Britain run by tyrants be they Communists or Marxists or whatever.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:41 AM

I was somewhat surprised to read the headline on ABC News this morning:

Theresa May warns there could be 'no Brexit at all',

British Prime Minister Theresa May has warned there may be "no Brexit at all" because of continued attempts to undermine her plan to leave the European Union.

"My message to the country this weekend is simple: we need to keep our eyes on the prize," Ms May wrote in the Mail on Sunday newspaper.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-1...at-all/9996052

This can't be possible surely?
solo
UK

16-07-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was somewhat surprised to read the headline on ABC News this morning:

Theresa May warns there could be 'no Brexit at all',

British Prime Minister Theresa May has warned there may be "no Brexit at all" because of continued attempts to undermine her plan to leave the European Union.

"My message to the country this weekend is simple: we need to keep our eyes on the prize," Ms May wrote in the Mail on Sunday newspaper.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-1...at-all/9996052

This can't be possible surely?
The Queen has sanctioned the Article 50 decision so it cannot be reversed
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
The Queen has sanctioned the Article 50 decision so it cannot be reversed
I have to say that it is the least convincing argument as to why a reversal of Brexit is not possible.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:08 PM

Hi

I believe in more Referendums, not less.

Our Politicians simply do not like the Voters having Power.

The Swiss have got it right, they have the power, not their politicians.

All our political Parties think it is right that we borrow money to fund our overseas aid budget, which is huge.

Put that to a Referendum and it would be voted down straight away.

The birthplace of modern democracy has lost it's way.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sorry but I don't believe you.
Whether you believe me or not, it is true.

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top