Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:44 PM

Re: Attacking Donkeys in Pakistan

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No we are not just as bad and yes you are derailing the topic .

It's hypocrisy when you refuse to condemn cruelty and yet pretend to be concerned for animals .

When did you last see an animal tortured and killed in the streets of the UK for political reasons ?
She is on a mission mate...if only closed minds came with closed mouths.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:50 PM

I abhor animal cruelty, political or otherwise.
If it is intentional it should be severely punished, but it never is.

I received my newsletter from the donkey Sanctuary today.
At the moment, they have an incredible 7,000 donkeys and mules in their care in the UK, Ireland and Europe.

This time they were showing how the poor donkeys are treated abominably in the brick kilns of Nepal.

For those who want to know more about these brick kilns, see this link:

https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/

I really don't know which is worse.
To be beaten to death and done with, or to have to suffer a whole lifetime of heavy toiling and regular beatings daily.

Either of these should be totally evil to anyone with a brain bigger than a pea.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:22 PM

The global scale of animal cruelty is phenomenal Mups. It's too big a problem to fix. I try not to think about it and just give our pets lots of love because there is not much I can do. Threads like this are misleading though. It's the tip of the (very big) iceberg.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:32 PM

Threads like this are in no way misleading .
The thread is both topical -The donkeys were attacked in th political elections a few days ago in Pakistan and revealing .
Why bury ones head in the sand and not do anything because cruelty is so widespread .
Just loving your own pets is a cop out -It's helps nothing .
Downplaying cruelty is to condone it .

So instead of uttering the words no I have never seen an animal tortured and killed in the streets of the UK for political reasons .
Indulge yourself in pages of obtuse waffle telling everyone what they already know and that you can't do anything .

YES You can do something you can stop sweeping it under the carpet as if it doesn't happen .

It has to brought to public notice .
Many Pakistanis have shown revulsion at this wanton cruelty and to be shown up in the international arena can only highlight this abuse .

By spreading this on social media it brings attention to this atrocious treatment of a defenceless animal .

It means speaking out for those who cannot speak .

Then if you want you can send a donation to the societies that help these poor sufferers

But it easier just to love your own animals after all these donkeys are far away .
Out of sight out of mind.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:47 PM

Muddy, this thread will not bring these donkeys back to life or stop this happening again or stop cruelty towards animals in general.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:01 PM

I didn't expect this thread to resurrect dead donkeys .
However the more that these atrocities are highlighted the better things will get for these poor animals.
Already articles have been written by Pakistanis ( living out of the country ) expressing disgust at this barbarity .
The civilised world must show its disgust at this appalling behaviour .
IMO Animal cruelty is everyone's business .
Only by positive action can change come about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:45 PM

This is another abhorent so-called 'Festival' that should never, ever be allowed too - the South Korean "Bok Nal" festival.

For once 'Celebrities' are doing something useful and have handed in a 630,000 signature petition to the S.Korean embassy calling for an end to horrendous slaughter of a million dogs being slaughtered to make soup.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/natur...al-South-Korea

This beautiful Golden Retriever girl was saved, but had to have all four legs amputated because of the barbaric ritual practices carried out.
Look at her face with her new toy, probably the first toy she's ever had in her life.
She is safe now. Bless her beautiful brave heart.

It makes me weep.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/natur...rea-dog-eating

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top