Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 09:55 PM

Re: Dyson V7 Trigger hand held vacuum cleaner

JBR,have you seen the robot Dyson?..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I've heard of it, but it doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How are they in denial? Please enlighten me.
I'd have thought the answer to that was only too obvious.

They are refusing to listen to the punters, just trotting out the same line ... depressing the trigger only when needed lengthens the battery life, and it doesn't take much effort to press the trigger after all.

They update this bagless cordless handheld vacuum but they refuse to fix the trigger problem.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'd have thought the answer to that was only too obvious.

They are refusing to listen to the punters, just trotting out the same line ... depressing the trigger only when needed lengthens the battery life, and it doesn't take much effort to press the trigger after all.

They update this bagless cordless handheld vacuum but they refuse to fix the trigger problem.
You are making no sense. Please allow me to explain it in the simplest terms.

The less you operate the motor, the less power is drawn from the battery.

The less power drawn from the battery, the longer it will last.

Running the motor when it isn't necessary, for example when moving the vacuum cleaner from one area to another, is wasting energy.

What exactly is the problem with the trigger, in your opinion?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:10 PM

What exactly is the problem with the trigger, in your opinion?
The operator has to keep their finger on it.

and they are not happy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-07-2018, 10:17 PM

And what's the problem with that?

I'm sure that Dyson could just as easily have made it a toggle switch but, as I explained above, the battery wouldn't last as long if people just left it running.

I'm sure you're going to come back and say that they are trying to con people into thinking that their batteries last longer.

There is no way they are being underhand, as they explain all of this in their literature and their reasons for doing it.

Yes, they could include larger batteries that would last longer, but that would make the vacuum cleaner heavier to use and more expensive.

I find your reasoning completely illogical.

However, I have the ideal solution: don't buy one!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 06:53 AM

I've heard of it, but it doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid.

Whilst I was waiting,for a Dyson representative to answer the phone,I had a look at them,I must admit,they don't appeal to me either,..I'm off to YouTube,to check them out,have a nice day,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 08:28 AM

I have had 2 'stick' Dysons , the first one died after 2 years. They are very useful for whizzing around the sides of a room and getting cobwebs off the ceiling also stairs and the car.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My son has a Robot Dyson,it lives in a corner of the kitchen and comes out mainly at night and sweeps the kitchen which is the size of my house ...

They would not work very well in a small house , I would be falling over it all the time

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	dyson.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	6577  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-07-2018, 09:09 AM

I agree,Meg,they are so light weight,it's a joy to hoover now,where as before,the Dyson ball is a fantastic Hoover,but big and heavy,I just don't want to lug that upstairs ,as that is where my dogs,spend most of their time,hairs everywhere from jack,..they were even getting into my mouth,...so now I am on top of the hair.

That Dyson robot,your son has,looks like the new one out,..I was watching it on YouTube ,I do believe also,they are best in big houses,like the one I watched today,..it did a fantastic job,even maps out where it's been,....but ohhhhhhhh so expensive !...4 times more than my handheld,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-07-2018, 10:25 AM

and they are not happy.
Really? Could you give me details of your national survey, please?

You mean that YOU don't like it.

The majority of people do, or they wouldn't buy it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top