Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

27-07-2018, 03:17 PM

Re: No Deal

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Either a no-deal Brexit or the loss of our democracy.

Which would you prefer?

Perhaps you don't believe the possibility of loss of democracy?

It would mean that anything we should vote for would be likely to be ignored by those in power purely in order to benefit themselves, or perhaps eventually the loss of any voting rights completely.

I find democracy very important indeed.
The point I was trying to make is that I don't think our politicians will go the whole way to a No Deal result. So while I also think democracy important I don't think our politicians will necessarily deem it so...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just what democracy have Japan, Canada, South Korea and 40 other countries lost by negotiating a Free Trade Deal with the EU?
But they have politicians who know how to negotiate from a position of strength for the good of their respective countries, not like our lot who are fighting amongst themselves, are prey to any criticism from other quarters, are being ham-strung by the Remain campaign and those with vested interests trying (and succeeding) to reverse and negate a democratic vote, and are willing to be controlled and roll over like whipped dogs from the many EU demands and who have no intention of letting us leave on good terms in case any other EU member tries to leave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
The point I was trying to make is that I don't think our politicians will go the whole way to a No Deal result. So while I also think democracy important I don't think our politicians will necessarily deem it so...
You may be right.

The death of the Conservative Party?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:38 PM

You may be right.

Yes its good to focus on the positives.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:40 PM

You may be right.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Yes its good to focus on the positives.
I'm amazed that a new party hasn't sprung up by now...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Hasn't this already been suggested by disgruntled Tory MPs? They were talking about creating a party called the `Democrats`, a bit of a misnomer considering they've already ignored a democratic vote.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:15 PM

Hi

The EU have offered a Canada style deal.

I simply do not understand why we do not take it, stop prating about and get on with everything we need to do to leave.

We need hundreds of Trade Negotiators, Border Control Staff, new computer systems etc.

These need to be in place, no point in leaving without them.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

27-07-2018, 04:39 PM

Just been trying to understand the ins and outs of the Canada style deal. Financial services seem to be the main potential problem, is that right?

I am of simple mind...don't really understand all the economics...so need a Noddy's guide...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It has.

UKIP is coming back to life!

Just as they said they would if we didn't receive our voted-for Brexit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
Just been trying to understand the ins and outs of the Canada style deal. Financial services seem to be the main potential problem, is that right?

I am of simple mind...don't really understand all the economics...so need a Noddy's guide...
Hi

Worth a read,

https://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog...-about-brexit/

Services are our biggest earner and not normally covered by WTO Trade Deals.

We want to deregulate our Financial Services again, so we will not be able to export them.

At the moment they are subject to EU Rules, so they earn us a lot of money, but not after Brexit.

Every country has it's own regulations for Financial Services and they do not allow different, after all, nobody wants another Financial Crash with all the state bailouts.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top