Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 12:46 PM

How often do you upgrade your phone?

Yearly, every 2 years or longer?

I must admit I am somewhat of a junky when it comes to phones. I have 3 which is more than I need. There are meant to be 3 new iPhones coming out this year and I tell myself that I don't need one but when the time comes will probably get one.

Do you use an old phone, getting by until the thing dies, or do you go for the latest, shiniest model?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:08 PM

Re: How often do you upgrade your phone?

Never new, I just get the kids cast offs, though my current one I've had a few years now. I only text & use the phone anyway.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

03-08-2018, 01:09 PM

I avoid upgrading. Until last year I only used a basic mobile that I had had for umpteen years. I only bought a new phone because I wanted to be able to access the internet during the long boring hours of chemo and there was no wifi in hospital. I've never wanted my phone to be a camera or a radio or all the other things phones are now, and though I like my new (old model iPhone) phone I have no idea about the myriad of things it can apparently do.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:09 PM

I am on contract Dreamy, every two years I get a new one. I have a second phone for work.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
I avoid upgrading. Until last year I only used a basic mobile that I had had for umpteen years. I only bought a new phone because I wanted to be able to access the internet during the long boring hours of chemo and there was no wifi in hospital. I've never wanted my phone to be a camera or a radio or all the other things phones are now, and though I like my new (old model iPhone) phone I have no idea about the myriad of things it can apparently do.
You definitely need one in hospital, particularly if there's no wi-fi and you can't use a laptop.

I found mine indispensable during my hospital stays; it helped me stay connected to this forum and others. It also was my book reader, music player etc. But after a week I got tired of typing on it. It has a 5.8" screen and I have quite slender hands but typing on it became a chore.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

03-08-2018, 01:29 PM

I loathe typing anything on my phone as it's so fiddly, but in hospital it was the only option.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:31 PM

Don't have one and don't want one
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:32 PM

I buy a basic mobile once in a blue moon as I rarely use the thing. I would detest a smart phone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:36 PM

When it breaks about every 10 years
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:40 PM

I had a tiny Samsung Galaxy Ace for about five years which was my first smartphone. I changed that last year for a Samsung J3 2016 which I decided to buy outright instead of on a contract. Cost me £126 and I pay £7.50 for the internet charges. I'll probably get a new one next year.

I'm not one of those who for some reason has to have a top of the range £1000 device. Why on earth does anyone seriously need anything like that. I can talk, text and surf the net. That's all I want to do.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top