Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 12:16 PM

Re: Neighbours

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
No thanks, they would need a key to our home, which we certainly wouldn't permit.
Oh, mine live below Tara. We are very close and do lots for each other. But I agree with NO key.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 01:08 PM

We are polite to our neighbours and allow them to park their numerous cars on our drive when we are away but nothing more .
We are not chummy .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 03:54 PM

I'm neighbourhood watch for the elderly widows at the back. I know their routines.
I'm there like a shot, if I am concerned.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 04:33 PM

Pretty close. I've become close to this one neighbour this year.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:40 PM

Id help my neighbours out anytime either side of me if they needed anything ,we always pass pleasantries if we are out front at the same time.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:57 PM

Yes we get on well with our neighbours, the whole street knows me and Coco.

My nextdoor neighbour we don't see, he goes to work at 8am and doesn't come home again until 8.30pm then weekends he shuts himself away indoors. We don't have a neighbour on the other side, but across the road there are three houses and we all get on well and at the back of my garden is a woman on her own and I always look after her Cat every year when she goes away with her friend.

But if my Husband is not around and I need help with something, I can always ask someone to help me and they will.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-08-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes we get on well with our neighbours, the whole street knows me and Coco.

My nextdoor neighbour we don't see, he goes to work at 8am and doesn't come home again until 8.30pm then weekends he shuts himself away indoors. We don't have a neighbour on the other side, but across the road there are three houses and we all get on well and at the back of my garden is a woman on her own and I always look after her Cat every year when she goes away with her friend.

But if my Husband is not around and I need help with something, I can always ask someone to help me and they will.
That is lovely to read Susie.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 07:57 PM

I've lived in the same place for 15 years and never bother with any neighbours. Everyone keeps to themselves these days.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-08-2018, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I've lived in the same place for 15 years and never bother with any neighbours. Everyone keeps to themselves these days.
Maybe because you live in the Internet
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:20 PM

We have lived in 8 different houses during our married life and we have always had good neighbours wherever we have lived. However, I have to say the friendliest neighbours tend to be old people we have found. Where we live now isn't as friendly, all our neighbours are young, we are the oldest on our street and we don't know anyone at all by name (apart from immediate neighbours) and there are some neighbours I've never even seen!

The bloke of the immediate neighbours is really friendly and chatty but his wife is a bit odd, she will pretend she hasn't seen us and run in the house or not get out of her car until we've got out of ours and gone in the house. I sometimes shout out a loud HIYA so she has no choice as to say hello I can't do with rude and snobby people.

If I thought any of our neighbours needed help I'd be there like a shot, my husband and I are friendly people.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top