Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:23 PM

Re: Neighbours

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We have lived in 8 different houses during our married life and we have always had good neighbours wherever we have lived. However, I have to say the friendliest neighbours tend to be old people we have found. Where we live now isn't as friendly, all our neighbours are young, we are the oldest on our street and we don't know anyone at all by name (apart from immediate neighbours) and there are some neighbours I've never even seen!

The bloke of the immediate neighbours is really friendly and chatty but his wife is a bit odd, she will pretend she hasn't seen us and run in the house or not get out of her car until we've got out of ours and gone in the house. I sometimes shout out a loud HIYA so she has no choice as to say hello I can't do with rude and snobby people.

If I thought any of our neighbours needed help I'd be there like a shot, my husband and I are friendly people.
I know from your posts that you are a lovely person LQ.
What a shame you have unfriendly neighbours.
Remember this my lovely. They may need you before you ever need them.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I know from your posts that you are a lovely person LQ.
What a shame you have unfriendly neighbours.
Remember this my lovely. They may need you before you ever need them.
Cheers sweets
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:34 PM

My Cat Coco, meows for me to take her into the Garden and put her on the side gate at 3.30pm most afternoons, because the Primary School kids come along with their Mums and they all like to stroke Coco, and of course she loves it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
My Cat Coco, meows for me to take her into the Garden and put her on the side gate at 3.30pm most afternoons, because the Primary School kids come along with their Mums and they all like to stroke Coco, and of course she loves it.
She is lovely. You should have added a pic.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Neighbours for a couple of houses up and down are not bad but the 3rd one up is a right B*****D he and his family wife and two kids are the most vile creature's I have ever known.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-08-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Neighbours for a couple of houses up and down are not bad but the 3rd one up is a right B*****D he and his family wife and two kids are the most vile creature's I have ever known.
Oh dear. I was waiting for some posts on bad neighbours.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 07:51 PM

I have practically nothing to do with my immediate neighbours, as I rarely see them, and then it is only on a “good morning” basis. No conversation as such. I have lived in this bungalow for over five years and have never seen the neighbours across the road or next door but one. They would not know if I was dead or alive. Days like today, I speak to no-one.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-08-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I have practically nothing to do with my immediate neighbours, as I rarely see them, and then it is only a a “good morning” basis. No conversation as such. I have lived in this bungalow for over five years and have never seen the neighbours across the road or next door but one. They would not know if I was dead or alive. Days like today, I speak to no-one.
That is very sad. Still, at least you don't live near me, I would talk your ears off.
I remember as a child, everyone spoke to everyone in the neighbourhood. What has changed?????
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 08:16 PM

I get on alright with my immediate neighbours, we greet each other if we meet& can ask for help if really needed.I only know a few people despite living here fo 50 years. This is a multi cultured area ,most people got to work& home again by car so do not see anyone else,this is a long road
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 08:32 PM

We have good neighbours. Always willing to look after each others wheelie bins if someone is away, take in parcels or other small favours. It's often a job to get anything done if working at the front of the house because of people coming up and talking.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top