Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 02:58 PM

Re: Going into a home

there is good homes around -its finding one is the problem--and the price of a weekly stay is OTT......MY SIS -I law is 90 something she went in hers few months back -was told its very nice and each have a apt type ' £6oo a month woweee load of monies … hope not to reach that age - if so hope my family are good careers
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
there is good homes around -its finding one is the problem--and the price of a weekly stay is OTT......MY SIS -I law is 90 something she went in hers few months back -was told its very nice and each have a apt type ' £6oo a month woweee load of monies … hope not to reach that age - if so hope my family are good careers
£600 per month, wow that is a pittance, my mother's care home was £1,200 per week.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 06:36 PM

I don’t think it would be nice for the family if you shot yourself popped pills whatever.

There is all level of care out there at a price. I wouldn’t mind buying into a sheltered life style if needed .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
£600 per month, wow that is a pittance, my mother's care home was £1,200 per week.
What?!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What?!
True, it was excellent quality, she had a double room with en suite, and was looked after well by the staff. It was well worth the money.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 07:26 PM

We all say we'd never go into a home but sadly in some cases this is inevitable.My SIL can do little for herself [ ot even go to the toilet] she needs someone to wash & change her,my nephew works full time & its a strain on him worrying about his mUm & seeing to her after work,the rest of the family eont live anywhere near.My nieces are lookng into good homes for their Mum& seeing what help she can get
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 10:51 PM

Deylon, if your nieces short list any places they might be interested in, tell them to check the CQC's (Care Quality Commission) report on them first.

These people inspect the homes, check on the care given, catering, speak to the residents etc and then provide a written report which should be available for you to read online.

Make sure wherever you choose has an excellent report.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

12-08-2018, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
We all say we'd never go into a home but sadly in some cases this is inevitable.My SIL can do little for herself [ ot even go to the toilet] she needs someone to wash & change her,my nephew works full time & its a strain on him worrying about his mUm & seeing to her after work,the rest of the family eont live anywhere near.My nieces are lookng into good homes for their Mum& seeing what help she can get
I have always said I would go into a home, which I would prefer. I would never incommode my children with my presence.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You are right that's what they cost .
You can't board a dog for £600 a month
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:22 AM

Anyone remember "Waiting for God" a 90s sitcom about a couple in a home who'd both retained their marbles and sense of humor? Quite funny, and I've always hoped that's what it would be like for me when the time comes.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top