Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 09:44 PM

Does he know IM HERE

I wonder some times if my son cares if Im here or not.he is in his late 40s& lives with me,but I hardly see him,he spends his time in his bedroom on the computer,he never asks if I need anything done or offers to do anything,if I ask him for help he moans, says he has health problems too & pain,he does suffer from depression. he puts his own washing in the machine .then forgets it ,leaving it there ,I usually take it out so I can use the machine again
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 09:48 PM

Re: Does he know IM HERE

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I wonder some times if my son cares if Im here or not.he is in his late 40s& lives with me,but I hardly see him,he spends his time in his bedroom on the computer,he never asks if I need anything done or offers to do anything,if I ask him for help he moans, says he has health problems too & pain,he does suffer from depression. he puts his own washing in the machine .then forgets it ,leaving it there ,I usually take it out so I can use the machine again
Could he not move out? Or do you want him living with you.
I'm sure if you weren't there he would notice. Do you feel he takes you for granted?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 10:09 PM

You say he is in his 40s deylon, sadly lots of 'youngsters' behave in this way, expect to be waited on hand and foot while they sit apart in their rooms on the internet all the time or watching their Tvs.

My daughter went through that phase when she was in senior school. I had strong words to put it mildly.

Sometimes, I think the more you do, the more they expect you to do.

Depression or not, tough love needed perhaps? You're a damn site(?) or sight(?) older and in ill health, he should rally round you petal.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

05-08-2018, 10:16 PM

In his late 40's still living at home and not pulling his weight.

I'd be having a serious talk with him, step up or get up.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 10:22 PM

I think it's time he moved to a flat/apartment of his own & you moved into sheltered housing Deylon. With all your medical problems it would be a lot better for you.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 10:30 PM

Has he always lived with you or did he move in recently?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 10:44 PM

Tell him how you feel Deylon.
That is a start.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 03:29 AM

Why is he still at home at 40+, deylon?
Is he looking after you as a carer?
Does he think he's on a good thing?
Has his marriage broken up?
Is he a mummy's boy?
What is the reason?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:32 AM

It would be interesting to hear the son's take on it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:46 AM

You've posted a similar thing a year or so ago Deylon,so it looks like nothing has changed and You're not likely to change an uncaring Son into a caring one...it also seems Your Son doesn't work to pay His keep,so it will be highly unlikely of Him to move out to a place of His own as He probably depends on benefits and couldn't afford to....but would You prefer to live alone anyway?...I'm wondering who does the shopping/housework etc' for You?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top