Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:22 PM

Shooting ear pain

Hi all

Yesterday I had a dreadful pain right at the top of my left cheekbone next to my ear and today that pain has gone.
However, today I keep getting a horrible, very painful shooting pain through my left ear.

I am going to ring the doctors and try get an appointment in the morning, which is, I might add, very difficult these days but I thought I would just ask here what you think as obviously I can't ring until the morning.

Do you think it might be connected and the pain has moved from the cheekboneinto the ear? I wonder if it is a ear infection but would it start in my cheekbone? It seems a bit odd to do that.

I've taken an aspirin as one someone I know has told me it could be a bloodclot!! Heck, I hope not.

Thanks in advance for an input.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Re: Shooting ear pain

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi all

Yesterday I had a dreadful pain right at the top of my left cheekbone next to my ear and today that pain has gone.
However, today I keep getting a horrible, very painful shooting pain through my left ear.

I am going to ring the doctors and try get an appointment in the morning, which is, I might add, very difficult these days but I thought I would just ask here what you think as obviously I can't ring until the morning.

Do you think it might be connected and the pain has moved from the cheekboneinto the ear? I wonder if it is a ear infection but would it start in my cheekbone? It seems a bit odd to do that.

I've taken an aspirin as one someone I know has told me it could be a bloodclot!! Heck, I hope not.

Thanks in advance for an input.
LQ, I am not sure any of us can advise on this, but please don't worry till you get a proper diagnosis from the doctor.
Swimfeeder had an awful infection in his ear and it is still giving him problems.... so tell your doctor that you think it is a problem that needs urgent attention. Ear infections can do a lot a damage if not treated quickly ( so if you have to, tell them that the pain is preventing you from sleeping). I know it is a fib , but others do that to get seen urgently.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
LQ, I am not sure any of us can advise on this, but please don't worry till you get a proper diagnosis from the doctor.
Swimfeeder had an awful infection in his ear and it is still giving him problems.... so tell your doctor that you think it is a problem that needs urgent attention. Ear infections can do a lot a damage if not treated quickly ( so if you have to, tell them that the pain is preventing you from sleeping). I know it is a fib , but others do that to get seen urgently.
Yeah, sometimes we have to tell little white lies. Thanks Twinky
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:54 PM

I had something that sounds very similar to that, and recently.

I think it was the hot weather we had here, it stressed me out a huge amount and I THINK.....I was grinding my teeth in my sleep

This caused pain in and around my left ear and also affected the hinge joint of my jaw. I didn't go to the docs with it as it's now gone.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:55 PM

Hi

LQ, you need to get it sorted as soon as possible, even make an appointment to see the practice nurse if Doctor is not available..

My Doctor took ages to sort mine out and I ended up with Malignant Otitis Externa

You really do not want that,

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinical...716684.article

I am not diabetic.

It has got into my bones and you end up with people drilling holes in your head.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Yeah, sometimes we have to tell little white lies. Thanks Twinky
Please let us know what they say it is. Being diabetic, I occasionally get ear infections, but I get treatment asap. I always find it is more of a constant achy pain, rather than a shooting pain though, so it may be caused by your nervous system.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:00 PM

It might be sinusitis LQ.
I suffer badly at times. Often a build-up of hard earwax after an infection.
If symptoms get worse, phone the non-emergency number and speak to a GP.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:45 PM

I don't think any diagnosis can be made until someone has looked into your ear, to rule out or confirm inflammation. I do know that ear pain is awful!

Hope you get it seen to.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

12-08-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I don't think any diagnosis can be made until someone has looked into your ear, to rule out or confirm inflammation. I do know that ear pain is awful!

Hope you get it seen to.
Thank you Jazzi, and thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. x
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:51 PM

Trigeminal neuralgia?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top