Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:53 PM

Re: Shooting ear pain

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Trigeminal neuralgia?
I've been wondering that too Devo, I looked up my symptoms and it came up with that condition. I'll let you know on the thread what the doc says. Mind you, I'm praying its gone in the morning and I don't have to see the doctor, it's horrible
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:17 AM

Probably just a problem with a tooth. Have you still got wisdom teeth, ever had them out?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Probably just a problem with a tooth. Have you still got wisdom teeth, ever had them out?
Yes i.ve had them removed years ago.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:06 AM

I'd get a doctor's opinion ASAP on that one. Good luck and I hope it doesn't turn out to be anything serious.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-08-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'd get a doctor's opinion ASAP on that one. Good luck and I hope it doesn't turn out to be anything serious.
I.m in the doctors surgery waiting to go in, he's running half an hour late so far not sure how many before me. Thanks ffossee
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-08-2018, 12:56 PM

Been to docs and I don't think he knows what is causing the shooting pains and face pain. He mentioned that it could be the start of bells Palsy? Not sure why coz I don't have a dropped eye or I don't drool. He said not to be alarmed but if my face droops at one side to go back to him immediately. He also mentioned neuralgia. I don't have any inection which I thought I might have.

I ve to take ibuprofen and go back if it gets worse and he will investigate further.

Today the shooting pains/electric shocks through my ear aren't as often so i.m hoping it is something that is settling down its own.

I was going to go into work late but my boss told me to take the day off and rest. I.m so lucky to have such an understanding boss!

Thanks everyone for your input on this thread.

I.m going to have a lie down now and relax ready for work tomorrow.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 01:16 PM

Did he look in your ears? Hope so. Hope you feel better soon and glad you got seen by someone.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Did he look in your ears? Hope so. Hope you feel better soon and glad you got seen by someone.
Yes he did Jazzi, thanks a million x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 01:48 PM

I once had agonising back pain each morning when I awoke...it was so sore that I couldn't stay in bed and resulted in my being up at 4,5am a few times.

Then it suddenly vanished, not to occur again. Sometimes our bodies just right themselves. I hope that this is the case with your pain, LQ.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-08-2018, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I once had agonising back pain each morning when I awoke...it was so sore that I couldn't stay in bed and resulted in my being up at 4,5am a few times.

Then it suddenly vanished, not to occur again. Sometimes our bodies just right themselves. I hope that this is the case with your pain, LQ.
Thank you ffosse x

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top