Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:34 AM

Re: Should I get a maid?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What will happen when you move, Swimmy?
Hi

She will still be around.

Her son is autistic and goes to Special School near where I am moving.

He calls me Grandad and he will be coming after school one afternoon a week whilst mum cleans.

We do daft things together.

I will be very popular with Jacob and Nadi because I am in walking distance of the swimming pool and McDonalds.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
The places I've checked online want you to make it a weekly or monthly job and require bank details. What happened to cash in hand?
If you want someone from an agency then cash in hand is not an option. The only way to get that is to use someone "unofficially" and the only real way to get someone under those circumstances is to go by recommendations from people you know.

Can I just say something, no offence meant here but....it would probably be better to refer to them as a cleaner and not a maid. As an ex cleaner/housekeeper I would have been pretty offended to be referred to as a maid, it implies servitude
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:38 AM

Cleaner, then. I don't think I'll bother; I've managed for 11 years here but have just fallen a bit behind due to illness.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:40 AM

Put an add in the paper Dream, then you can choose. Make sure they produce an up to date police check CRB/DBS.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:42 AM

The places I've checked online want you to make it a weekly or monthly job and require bank details. What happened to cash in hand?

You can't pay cash in hand to someone who works for a company, all their staff's wages have to be legit and accounted for!

If you want to only pay cash in hand, you will have to find a lady who works for herself, but you wouldn't have the same protection or any employer to complain to if it didn't work out then.

Ask around. Do any friends, neighbours etc have a cleaning lady pop in who they would recommend?

Or you could even make an enquiry to AgeUK if there is one in your area.

A lot of places that employ home carers also employ domestic staff too.
Make some enquiries in your area before you come to a decision Ffosse.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Put an add in the paper Dream, then you can choose. Make sure they produce an up to date police check CRB/DBS.

Not sure I'd do that Sweetie - anybody could turn up with phoney paperwork. Do most people even know what a CRB looks like?

If Ffossee doesn't want to use an Agency, I have suggested go by recommendations from friends/neighbours or anyone else he trusts. You have more protection with an Agency though.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:46 AM

Hi Ffosse
I think a cleaner maybe once a month to give the whole house a once over might be a good idea...I know when I was having treatment for cancer and the subsequent operation I didnt do any housework/cleaning at all hardly...it was as much as I could do to hoover, so dont feel bad for not managing the chores.
Now im improved healthwise to a point I do manage a little more but the days of worrying about a little dust and dirt have vanished,theres more to life than having a "showhouse" ..I tend to just clean the areas I see now lol suits me anyway.
If I was that bothered though id definately get someone in to help.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:46 AM

Cleaner, then. I don't think I'll bother; I've managed for 11 years here but have just fallen a bit behind due to illness.

Here you are matey: https://www.maid2clean.co.uk/

I have a cleaner from this organisation - 2 hours per week.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:48 AM

I think I'm afraid that they would steal something.
then don't get one then!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-08-2018, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Here you are matey: https://www.maid2clean.co.uk/

I have a cleaner from this organisation - 2 hours per week.

But Joe, I don't think Ffosse wanted an agency because seemed to prefer cash in hand work, unless I misunderstood?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top