Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 02:24 AM

Re: If only with hindsight?

we have been conned into eating unhealthy food - supermarkets are full of processed foods often high in sugar - fruit has been treated with chemical sprays to make it last longer - it is now risky to eat the skin of apples, pears etc.

most of the meat is rubbish and filled with chemicals like anti-biotics - did you realize that all the best cuts are sold to the top restaurants in the nation and abroad and we eat the scraps.

ever watched River Cottage - he gives some good advice about healthy food and healthy eating unfortunately we can't all have a river cottage at the bottom of the garden. But I personally believe avoiding supermarkets as much as possible is a good way to go. If you can buy your vegie and fruit and meat from small local retailers it much better even with a slight price increase.

exercise - nothing like a good country walk or run each day to get the lbs off! we have become Tv and laptop couch potatoes!

alcohol I like too but we must realize that it is all empty calories - no goodness there just adding to your daily calorie intake without doing any good.

Ok off to the pub for a pint and a meat pasty - we can have treats sometime!
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 12:14 AM

I don't want a world without Ben and Jerry's.

That said, I would have never picked up the first cigarette and worked on developing a career in my twenties instead of babies...

And skipped the human babies, dogs and cats are ever so much more grateful...

I exercise daily above and beyond many people but do I want to live to way old age? No I don't.

Given that my Mum at 66 lived longer than any woman on that side of the family don't think it's in the cards anyways.

Am I bitter? Not at all, a dark sense of humor is a tremendous help sometimes
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 07:36 PM

If only I hadn't swapped ponies for boys...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If only I hadn't swapped ponies for boys...
or as Connie Francis once sang:

Where the boys are, someone waits for me
A smilin' face, a warm embrace, two arms to hold me tenderly

Where the boys are, my true love will be
He's walkin' down some street in town and I know he's lookin' there for me

In the crowd of a million people I'll find my valentine
And then I'll climb to the highest steeple and tell the world he's mine
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 11:57 PM

She lied...
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 02:09 AM

Tell ya if I had stuck to studies and career and stayed a virgin till say thirty life would be so much easier now...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-06-2015, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
Tell ya if I had stuck to studies and career and stayed a virgin till say thirty life would be so much easier now...
easier for what......?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top