Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 11:50 PM

Re: Deontay Wilder Versus Tyson Fury

Refuse to make that Snooker promoter any richer.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 12:02 AM

My father was apparently a good schoolboy boxer but he upset his father by refusing to fight in a final schoolboys competition because he decided that it was the only sport (and he was into many) where the deliberate intention was to hurt your opponent.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 03:20 AM

Modern day Roman Gladiators. Societies have not changed much over the centuries. Many people will always pay to watch any blood "sport".

What really upsets me, however, are animal fights : bull fights, cock fights and most especially dog fights. All of which should be forever banned, world-wide, and the promoters sent to prison.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 03:34 AM

Agree with you there Bakerman.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 07:32 AM

I hate boxing but Mr M read out the result just now.
Tyson Fury won the other man threw in the towel.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=bakerman;1861380]Modern day Roman Gladiators. Societies have not changed much over the centuries. Many people will always pay to watch any blood "sport".

What really upsets me, however, are animal fights : bull fights, cock fights and most especially dog fights. All of which should be forever banned, world-wide, and the promoters sent to prison.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that as well Bakerman, at least boxers have a choice...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
My father was apparently a good schoolboy boxer but he upset his father by refusing to fight in a final schoolboys competition because he decided that it was the only sport (and he was into many) where the deliberate intention was to hurt your opponent.
I thought it was the intention to stop him hurting you CM?
Donkeyman!

I see the result was as l predicted, a complete mismatch!
Just following Furies previous formula!
Donkeyman!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 12:53 PM

£25. Not much for a boxing fan considering the price of tickets. I would imagine its not much less than paying to watch Liverpool or Manchester City and much more exciting.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Modern day Roman Gladiators. Societies have not changed much over the centuries. Many people will always pay to watch any blood "sport".

What really upsets me, however, are animal fights : bull fights, cock fights and most especially dog fights. All of which should be forever banned, world-wide, and the promoters sent to prison.
I went to Spain quite a few times and all over from Huelva in the south to Bilbao in the north. We passed through Pamplona where they have the annual bull run. I talked to my Spanish driver about the bullfighting. "The bull he have only one bad day" was his comment.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 05:30 PM

I’m not a great fan of boxing but l am quite interested in the story of Tyson Fury. I’m very pleased he won.

Thinking about the £24.99 charge to watch it, was it really value for money as it was over after 20 minutes!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top