Join for free
Page 60 of 505 « First < 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 05:14 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No, he's an ex-lawyer from the Federal Court. I was just curious to see if anyone would check such trivia and you didn't let me down.
Of course I checked .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 11:56 AM

Latest stats:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

China 409 New Cases (decreasing?) 151 New Deaths (increasing?)
Is the spread over?

S. Korea 833 Total Cases 231 New Cases 2 New Deaths

Italy 217 Total Cases 60 New Cases 1 New Death
The spread is getting much worse.

Worryingly, new cases in Iran (3), Kuwait (3), Afghanistan (1) and Bahrain (1)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Of course I checked .....
Ha ha... you must have an awful lot of time on your hands.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-02-2020, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Ha ha... you must have an awful lot of time on your hands.
I just don't believe a word that you "say" .....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 12:38 PM

I returned from Thailand on Friday evening. Plane landed at Heathrow and doors were being opened when passengers were told we had to return to our seats as there were some quarantine issues. After a short time, an announcement was made which told us that because Coronavirus we should.........dial 111 if we started feeling ill!!

Brilliant!! Glad to see no panicky, over-the-top restrictions!!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I returned from Thailand on Friday evening. Plane landed at Heathrow and doors were being opened when passengers were told we had to return to our seats as there were some quarantine issues. After a short time, an announcement was made which told us that because Coronavirus we should.........dial 111 if we started feeling ill!!

Think its good advice.

If you started to feeling ill stay in doors and dont contamenate any one in the Doctors
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 02:18 PM

I’m not happy with this although I don’t live anywhere near Heathrow ,just to think how many might have been in the process of developing symptoms on the flight gives me shudders ,they’re all going to disperse somewhere ... no one is sure just what the incubation period is ... look at the couple who were perfectly fine on the cruise ship but developed it before their flight back to the UK now in a Japanese hospital .... you could all
easily have been sitting amongst passengers developing it or even a carrier on your flight just as the four found with it at the weekend in the isolation place on The Wirral .
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I’m not happy with this although I don’t live anywhere near Heathrow ,just to think how many might have been in the process of developing symptoms on the flight gives me shudders ,they’re all going to disperse somewhere ... no one is sure just what the incubation period is ... look at the couple who were perfectly fine on the cruise ship but developed it before their flight back to the UK now in a Japanese hospital .... you could all
easily have been sitting amongst passengers developing it or even a carrier on your flight just as the four found with it at the weekend in the isolation place on The Wirral .
I had been following the news while on holiday and heard that special rules had been put in place for flights returning from certain countries. The following day, an article mentioned that we would receive a leaflet!!! But the advice we had was to call 111 (which is obvious anyway).

As far as the cruise is concerned, I understand all the passengers were allowed to mix, so I think the risk over that period of time was substantial and has been referred to as a petri-dish!

The risk on a flight lasting twelve hours, is hardly comparable - particularly as very many people wore masks.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 03:49 PM

I had been following the news while on holiday and heard that special rules had been put in place for flights returning from certain countries. The following day, an article mentioned that we would receive a leaflet!!! But the advice we had was to call 111 (which is obvious anyway).

As far as the cruise is concerned, I understand all the passengers were allowed to mix, so I think the risk over that period of time was substantial and has been referred to as a petri-dish!

The risk on a flight lasting twelve hours, is hardly comparable - particularly as very many people wore masks.
Advice not taken of course by the Chinese person returning from China..... and further having attended a meeting in London after which 2 MP's self isolated .... taking an Uber to A & E
Yes it was announced the other day by The Dept. Of Health people would attend you at home rather than you travel , if you rang 111 feeling you might have the virus.
You might not be aware that all the passengers allowed to board that flight home last Friday night had tested negative. Nevertheless now 4 have contracted it .
There as yet hasn't been an official agreement on the incubation period , some saying it could be more than a suggested 14 hrs.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

24-02-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Advice not taken of course by the Chinese person returning from China..... and further having attended a meeting in London after which 2 MP's self isolated .... taking an Uber to A & E
Yes it was announced the other day by The Dept. Of Health people would attend you at home rather than you travel , if you rang 111 feeling you might have the virus.
You might not be aware that all the passengers allowed to board that flight home last Friday night had tested negative. Nevertheless now 4 have contracted it .
There as yet hasn't been an official agreement on the incubation period , some saying it could be more than a suggested 14 hrs.
While the rest of the world seem to be in Corona - overload, it seems the UK is in relax mode. Can't help wondering if our PM has self-isolated in Mustique!

Page 60 of 505 « First < 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top