Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 06:51 PM

Royal Mail pull their usual annual stunt!

"The Royal Mail is increasing the cost of postage, with first-class stamps rising 6p to 76p and second-class up 4p to 65p"

"Prices will climb from 23 March, less than a year after they were hiked to their current levels.

The 65p second-class stamp is the maximum under an Ofcom price cap.

'These changes are necessary to help ensure the sustainability of the one-price-goes-anywhere Universal Service,' Royal Mail said.

It blamed the increases on 'a challenging business environment'."

Which all appears to be code for the fact they have never accepted they cannot keep up with new technology in the form of e-mails and the way modern communications have gone. The only way they can keep pace with it all is to increase prices annually. These have gone up by around 350% in the last 30 years!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51586871
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 07:13 PM

Re: Royal Mail pull their usual annual stunt!

Totally going against the idea of Rowland Hill when he introduced the Penny Post on the premise that if the postal service was made cheap enough, more people would use it and therefore profits would rise.

You wonder why people are looking at cheaper alternatives.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 07:33 PM

Royal Mail have put parcel prices up so much for abroad parcels that my pal in America & I can no longer afford to send each other presents for B/D's & Christmas. Luckily we can still chat on FB & exchange pics that way.
I send her a pic of what she'd have got as a present & she does the same her end.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Royal Mail have put parcel prices up so much for abroad parcels that my pal in America & I can no longer afford to send each other presents for B/D's & Christmas. Luckily we can still chat on FB & exchange pics that way.
I send her a pic of what she'd have got as a present & she does the same her end.
That's so simple, it's brilliant! That's the kids' Xmas presents sorted out for this year.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 08:19 PM

They can keep the bbc company.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's so simple, it's brilliant! That's the kids' Xmas presents sorted out for this year.
Do they live abroad then?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 08:54 PM

No problem for me, as I have a stock of 2nd class stamps that I have had for ages. They are still usable. But I really don’t send much mail these days.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

21-02-2020, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Do they live abroad then?
No. About 4 miles away but in true Yorkshire style, a penny saved is a penny earned.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 10:48 PM

My Christmas card list just got shorter, not many left alive anyway!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

21-02-2020, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No. About 4 miles away but in true Yorkshire style, a penny saved is a penny earned.
Meany!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top