Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 03:34 PM

Re: Frozen

Good point annie, about getting comfort.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
She is grieving for her husband thats all she may come to realise that it would be better to move on and not have a child,its a lot to do for her.She is getting comfort from the idea and she needs that.
Indeed.
She has it stored but she's not obliged to use it, who knows what the future holds for her and what she may decide to do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 04:01 PM

It is only two years since this young woman's husband died, very early days yet. She also lost her brother in a car crash around the time her husband was diagnosed with cancer and must be feeling a profound sense of loss .

Having the sperm there and available must be very reassuring, it gives her something tangible to hold on to.
My guess is she will never use it and will meet someone else but if not she has the security of knowing there may still be a chance of having the child of the man she loved.

I think she was right in fighting for that option..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 04:23 PM

She was absolutely right Meg - and in no way is she selfish ......
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 08:08 PM

I wonder if she doesn't use it, she could donate it to a childless couple? There's so many new possible scenarios coming out of this.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 11:42 PM

I suppose if thats what she wants and there's no law against it, why not, as some folks say maybe she'll change her mind in a few years.
If she went ahead and a child was born she would have some explaining to do when the child was old enough to understand, for instance, and if she was totally honest, "I had you in the fridge for years trying to make up my mind to have you or not, had to keep my eye on the sell by date all the time, it was agonizing." Don't know how I would react to that if my Mother said that to me.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
If she went ahead and a child was born she would have some explaining to do when the child was old enough to understand, for instance, and if she was totally honest, "I had you in the fridge for years trying to make up my mind to have you or not, had to keep my eye on the sell by date all the time, it was agonizing." Don't know how I would react to that if my Mother said that to me.
It's not much different to frozen embryo storage, for future use or donation.
My eldest daughter needed IVF to enable her to have her two, the youngest knows he was a 'frozen egg' before he was born, he's cool with it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
My eldest daughter needed IVF to enable her to have her two, the youngest knows he was a 'frozen egg' before he was born, he's cool with it.
He sounds a good egg.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It is only two years since this young woman's husband died, very early days yet. She also lost her brother in a car crash around the time her husband was diagnosed with cancer and must be feeling a profound sense of loss .

Having the sperm there and available must be very reassuring, it gives her something tangible to hold on to.
My guess is she will never use it and will meet someone else but if not she has the security of knowing there may still be a chance of having the child of the man she loved.

I think she was right in fighting for that option..
Good post, Meg. And Annie's point too.

This is an example of how much technology has infiltrated our lives as the option just wouldn't have been there years ago. Not entirely sure how I feel about that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 11:12 AM

I find it quite macabre !

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top