Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 03:01 PM

Great Canal Journeys.

New series starting tonight on Channel4.I really enjoyed the first one-Prunella Scales and hubby Timothy West going gently along the canals.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 03:13 PM

Re: Great Canal Journeys.

Yes looking forward to it.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 04:17 PM

Yes, I watched the last series and it was pleasant & interesting . Also watching John Sergeant on his canal trips

We don't need death, destruction and seriousness all the time
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:07 PM

I'll look forward to it! In the last series Prunella was said to have some kind of illness similar to Alzheimers, I hope that's not the case and she's improved
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Enfys ->
New series starting tonight on Channel4.I really enjoyed the first one-Prunella Scales and hubby Timothy West going gently along the canals.
Yes!!
Something I did enjoy before and thought that that was it because of Prunella so chuffed to be able to see them again. stevmk2
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:33 PM

Sadly it is true Honey. Prunella suffers from a mild kind of Alzeimers. Even so, husband Timothy West has said that the person he knew no longer exists. It is very sad to see as Prunella was clearly a remarkable character and gave millions of people a lot of great entertainment. My first knowledge and exposure of her condition came first hand when Timothy and Prunella suddenly appeared in a bar lounge on a cruise I was on. They sat just 2 tables from me. You could tell instantly that she was not the Prunella of Fawlty Towers fame. She was quiet, a little withdrawn, very understated. At the time I was more worried about what might happen if they asked to sit at my table (this happens frequently in the bar lounges pre-dinner because lots of people pile in for pre-dinner drinks and there are not enough tables - turns out a great way to meet people!). My worries concerned how not to make an absolute typical prat of myself by saying how much I loved Fawlty Towers and so on. Truth be told I had no idea what line of conversation I would make should they sit at my table. In the event it never happened though I saw them frequently around the ship. This was all before their canal series.

I did watch some of the first canal series but if I am honest I found it very hard to watch. The empathy for Prunella and for Timothy was a constant distraction.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:41 PM

I didn't think it was really noticeable, just thought she'd become a little forgetful as she was still very eloquent and knowledgeable particularly when talking about her theatre days many years ago.
I had an idea something was wrong but it was glossed over by her husband, they're such a lovely couple and make a great team!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I didn't think it was really noticeable, just thought she'd become a little forgetful as she was still very eloquent and knowledgeable particularly when talking about her theatre days many years ago.
I had an idea something was wrong but it was glossed over by her husband, they're such a lovely couple and make a great team!
Yes they are and I did like the way that Timothy's boat bumps and scrapes were NOT edited out!
Offline editor had a soft spot for Prunella's plight I suspect! stevmk2
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

15-03-2015, 05:54 PM

I agree, it was all very well handled and informal, her brain is still very much active and long may it continue, hopefully she wont get much worse
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:55 PM

They seem such a lovely couple and I find them eminently watchable so yes, I'll be tuning in too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top