Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 08:34 PM

Thunderbirds are ... rather spoiled

Well watched the new thunderbirds tonight and none of us adults or child were impressed. Bring back the puppets and the real lady Penelope and get rid of the cgi we say.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 10:16 PM

Re: Thunderbirds are ... rather spoiled

I didn't think it was that bad. Not sure about Brains though.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 01:46 PM

I rather liked it. The ships looked the same, Tracy Island was very good and the CGI looked suitably like models. It all looked good. I thought it was amusing how the "favourite show" of one of the characters was "Stingray".

The show has had to move with the times, though. Lady Penelope, for example, was very 'twin-set and pearls' in the puppet show, and women like that were very much of that era, both in manner and dress. The new Lady Penelope seems fine to me, and she'd look like someone's granny if she dressed and acted like the original Lady Penelope.

Not sure about Brains suddenly hailing from the Indian subcontinent either, Grumblewagon!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 01:49 PM

Saw the trailers - didn't like the look of it
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 03:41 PM

Only got to watch snatches as I was cooking. But have seen other comments saying Brains sounded half Indian, half Russian. He certainly did sound weird when I caught a glimpse of him.

Maybe I won't bother again? Had high hopes for it too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top