Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 10:22 PM

Paul Temple and Steve.

I’ve been relistening (if that is a word) to my Paul Temple recordings again, and by Timothy they are good. I’ve always wondered what Paul (Crawford Logan) and Steve (Gerda Stevenson) looked like, by Timothy they do look well, they must have given up the fags.
He’s forever saying “Shalt be long Steve” and “By Timothy” You can’t say that on TV or Radio anymore, you must have at least 10 “F’s” and the odd “B” and “C” nowadays, and does it make the story more interesting? not a bit of it.
I suppose us oldies are lucky that we can relax and listen to audio plays and serials, I don’t think the younger folk would have the patience for it not having been brought up in the times of radio only.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2015, 02:22 AM

Re: Paul Temple and Steve.

Often on Radio 4 Ex Jem, quite charming and enjoyable. Peter Coke and Marjorie Westbury are the ones imfamilar with.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2015, 02:28 AM

I used to love listening to Paul Temple when I was young.

Now I have several series I downloaded from that wonderful interweb thing. I keep them on my MP3 player so I can listen to them on the train or plane.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2015, 08:13 PM

My Mother was a great fan of Mrs. Dales Diary, never missed it. This is the imaginary Dale home, I seem to remember the husband was a Doctor. It says here it had sixteen rooms in it, if so what are they all doing huddled together in this tiny room having tea, I didn't know they had room tax then.

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2015, 08:19 PM

What ho and I think we all need a scotch or a G&T after that. That Steve was a plucky gal.

Classic radio even today
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2015, 10:45 PM

I have listened to a couple of episodes of Paul Temple and find then so twee that it's hard to believe they were intended to be taken seriously! Still, maybe they were very much of their time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top