Join for free
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 04:40 PM

Mekong River....

With Sue Perkins.This is being repeated on BBC2 tonight.If you missed it the first time round - it's well worth viewing.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 07:20 PM

Re: Mekong River....

Thanks Enfys i might take a look
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 12:43 AM

Re: Mekong River....

Originally Posted by Enfys ->
With Sue Perkins.This is being repeated on BBC2 tonight.If you missed it the first time round - it's well worth viewing.
I've been on the Mekong river in Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam (not all at once I should hasten to add but over several years). It is pretty big and every part I went to was interesting - in one place in northern Thailand you can see both Laos and Myanmar the river being the border. You can hire a boat to take you to an island belonging to Laos where you don't need a visa and merely pay a landing tax to buy trinkets. Most of the other islands in the area are used for drug smuggling.

Unfortunately because of smuggling it is apparently no longer possible to sail down its length.

I do know who Sue Perkins is - I have seen her on QI

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top