Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 02:10 PM

TP-Link Wi-fi Range Extender....Advice Please..

I have purchased a TP-Link AC 750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (Model no. RE200) I thought it would be easy to set up but l can't seem to follow the instructions!
I just wondered if someone had one or similar and could give me simple advice!
Thank You if you can!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 02:23 PM

Re: TP-Link Wi-fi Range Extender....Advice Please..

Hi Art Google........... TP-Link AC 750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (Model no. RE200

...go to 'Videos' on the menu,
...lots of examples on Youtube

One example here....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Bod789650

there are a number..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 02:29 PM

.....just watched the video sounds complicated.

Option 2,....
.... stand outside and scream as loud as you can 'I need a man'
Option 3 ....
.... pack it up neatly and take it back for a refund
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 02:44 PM

Oh dear a female talking about tekkie stuff i dont understand. Permission to feel emasculated.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
.....just watched the video sounds complicated.

Option 2,....
.... stand outside and scream as loud as you can 'I need a man'
Option 3 ....
.... pack it up neatly and take it back for a refund
Meg, That made me laugh!
The words on the packaging make it sound so simple!! Even my daughter who is a teacher and is intelligent couldn't fathom it out. It did her head in!!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 02:54 PM

If you lived a bit closer to me I would be glad to come around and do the installation for you Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-05-2016, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
If you lived a bit closer to me I would be glad to come around and do the installation for you Art.
That was kind of you, Malcolm.
I really thought it would have been a matter of plugging the wi-fi extender in, programming it into the router and that would be it!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

02-05-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I really thought it would have been a matter of plugging the wi-fi extender in, programming it into the router and that would be it!!
Technology is a dirty word in this house yesterday I put a load of washing in the machine and it wouldn't work. After much swearing and pressing of knobs I noticed a little key had appeared on the screen which apparently is a child lock It took me ages to work out how to turn it off.
Then I picked up my mobile to send a message and that had a little key on too . Technology is conspiring against me
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-05-2016, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Technology is a dirty word in this house yesterday I put a load of washing in the machine and it wouldn't work. After much swearing and pressing of knobs I noticed a little key had appeared on the screen which apparently is a child lock It took me ages to work out how to turn it off.
Then I picked up my mobile to send a message and that had a little key on too . Technology is conspiring against me
We were born too soon! Meg.
I see toddlers in pushchairs working their parent's mobile phone and watching something on the screen!!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
That IS it Art....watch the you tube video a few times and do exactly what it says one step at a time ...forget the bit about the ether net cable you won't be needing that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top