Join for free
Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 11:58 PM

Re: Polite discourse vs hostility and rudeness

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
MKJ, I totally agree!
There have been so many posts on here that I have liked and there has been no way for me to let the poster know.
Tell them?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:00 AM

Anyway unless there is some sort of plugin for this forum it won't be possible to implement as the coding required to pull it off otherwise is quite complex.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Tell them?
You are not making a lot of sense. For that you would have to make ANOTHER post whereas a simple click would have sufficed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
What about a method of liking or disliking a post? Pity something like that can't be added to the forum.
Mmmm 'the like button' the forum equivalent of sweeties for the children
I don't mind if someone likes or dislikes my opinion, I am not a child needing approval.

I prefer people taking the time too say why they do or don't agree with someone rather than pressing a button.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Tell them?
Linda, If I added a post to say it then it could clog the thread up with a load of unnecessary posts!
I don't think informing them in a message would work either....I would look like a stalker plus if the person hadn't been on site for a while they might wonder what I was on about!!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

22-11-2015, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mmmm 'the like buttons' the forum equivalent of sweeties for the children
I don't mind if someone likes or dislikes my opinion, I am not a child needing approval.

I prefer people taking the time too say why they do or don't agree with someone rather than pressing a button,
Sorry to burst your bubble but it works on other forums so why not here? I post on a forum for affiliate business and the people who frequent the place are no mugs. It works perfectly on such a forum so why should here be any different?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:06 AM

I prefer people taking the time too say why they do or don't agree with someone rather than pressing a button,

Makes sense to me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:11 AM

Meg, I don't see it as sweeties for the children. I just think it is nice to give encouragement and perhaps a little bit of praise! A lot of people, especially new members feel anxious or a bit scared to post. A little 'Like' might boost their confidence to keep posting.
We all need a pat on the back sometimes!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Sorry to burst your bubble but it works on other forums so why not here? I post on a forum for affiliate business and the people who frequent the place are no mugs. It works perfectly on such a forum so why should here be any different?
Mark I have also frequented forums with a 'like' button and even one with the ability to leave positive and negative comments and I disliked them.

I like to be open with people and say what I think rather than sneaking around pressing buttons.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

22-11-2015, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, I don't see it as sweeties for the children. I just think it is nice to give encouragement and perhaps a little bit of praise! A lot of people, especially new members feel anxious or a bit scared to post. A little 'Like' might boost their confidence to keep posting.
We all need a pat on the back sometimes!
Fine Artangel, do that in a post
This is all hypothetical anyway we don't have a like button.

Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top