Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 05:43 PM

Re: Megan

Originally Posted by Barry ->
With having two of them to clip we decided to buy a grooming table and a good set of Anders clippers, so that we could give them an all over trim with an average comb every four weeks or so, although slightly shorter in the warmer months for their comfort. There are plenty of film clips and info on Youtube regarding clipping Cockerpoos, but as a bloke I prefer to just give them a haircut, where MrsB prefers to concentrate more on style..... My thoughts though , are that whatever mess you make of things the first time, it will always grow back again for you to get another chance to get it right next time....

Thank you Barry.
I have clippers etc, as I've always had the Beddies to clip, I just couldn't think what sort of trim to give Megan, and when.
I sat her in the sink and bathed her when she got home and did her nails and she was good as gold. Maybe I'll give her a few more days to settle in and give her a very light trim to start getting her used to the clippers more than anything.
Thanks again.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 05:52 PM

Their coats vary so much too Mups, our two have tight poodle curls which I comb through at least once a week to prevent mats, but our friend has one with flowing fur just like a spaniel which takes no effort at all to groom. Megan definitely looks a poodle fur to me though, in fact a dead ringer for Oscar at that age..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Their coats vary so much too Mups, our two have tight poodle curls which I comb through at least once a week to prevent mats, but our friend has one with flowing fur just like a spaniel which takes no effort at all to groom. Megan definitely looks a poodle fur to me though, in fact a dead ringer for Oscar at that age..

I agree Barry, they look very much alike don't they. She's a gorgeous dark conker colour in the sun. She's got a very thick, lustrous coat already, so I will try a very light trim soon, with the long comb attachment. Thank you.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 07:21 PM

Mups, you've lost Megan. I want that pup
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-05-2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Mups, you've lost Megan. I want that pup

If I don't get some sleep very soon, I'll remember your offer Pesta.

7 times she got me up on Frid.night
6 times Sat.
4 times last night.

I suppose I should be thankful its getting less instead of more, but I'm feeling like a zombie might feel in the mornings!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 07:49 PM

You love it really Mups...

Stick with it, it won't last forever, she'll soon be sleeping straight through ....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 08:13 PM

good luck brown dog your in good hands.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-05-2016, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
good luck brown dog your in good hands.

Thank you Nom, that means a lot. x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If I don't get some sleep very soon, I'll remember your offer Pesta.

7 times she got me up on Frid.night
6 times Sat.
4 times last night.

I suppose I should be thankful its getting less instead of more, but I'm feeling like a zombie might feel in the mornings!
I never have a problem with new puppiesMups, they usually only wake once in the night
They sleep in a box next to my bed where my breathing is comforting and the touch of a hand reassuring.
If they wake and want to go out they will cry and I can pop out with them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2016, 10:53 AM

Only a couple of wee's needed Meg, the rest of the time she just wants company and to play! And by golly, she's got a voice on her to let me know.
I am seriously tired.
I might try her next to me bed, but I have a feeling she will just want to play all the more if she can see me.
She is like some children when they go through that awful faze of not letting Mum even go to the loo without shrieking.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top