Join for free
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 06:07 PM

Delivery for Brexit

Read in today"s paper that May, currently on holiday in Switzerland , is unimpressed with Fox & Johnson and their squabbling.
Has told them to stop wasting time and instead focus on delivering Brexit.
So perhaps she is the gal for the job.
Fingers crossed.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 06:08 PM

Re: Delivery for Brexit

Wont hold my breath with May based on her previous work as home secretary.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 06:17 PM

Which delight some posters & dismay others.
But there you go .
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 07:07 PM

I'm a remainer so would like to stay in as long as possible, but I recognise that this uncertainty is just not good for the country.

The general consensus seems to be that they just don't know how to get out. They knew how to stay in, but never considered the mechanics of getting out.

Whichever method - let's just make sure it's the best way for they country.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 07:38 PM

People kept yelling there was no plan but it seems Eu had none either. You would have thought when creating the club they might have imagined a day someone might want to leave
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Read in today"s paper that May, currently on holiday in Switzerland , is unimpressed with Fox & Johnson and their squabbling.
Has told them to stop wasting time and instead focus on delivering Brexit.
So perhaps she is the gal for the job.
Fingers crossed.
Yes, I read that. I wasn't sure about her at first, bearing in mind that she's always been a remainiac, but I have to say that so far she seems to be doing the right thing - if a little slowly. On the other hand, as others have said, apparently this sort of thing necessarily takes time in order to get everything 'done properly'.

I hope I'm not disappointed, but if May does bring the bacon home, I for one shall be very happy. There was, of course, a comment in the Daily Mail comments section (where else) to the effect that if it isn't done soon it will be too late and, under the EU rules (who gives a shit about them anyway?) after a certain cut-off date it will require the agreement of all other member countries for us to leave!

Surely, that can't be true.

Can it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I read that. I wasn't sure about her at first, bearing in mind that she's always been a remainiac, but I have to say that so far she seems to be doing the right thing - if a little slowly. On the other hand, as others have said, apparently this sort of thing necessarily takes time in order to get everything 'done properly'.

I hope I'm not disappointed, but if May does bring the bacon home, I for one shall be very happy. There was, of course, a comment in the Daily Mail comments section (where else) to the effect that if it isn't done soon it will be too late and, under the EU rules (who gives a shit about them anyway?) after a certain cut-off date it will require the agreement of all other member countries for us to leave!

Can it?

Yup!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Can it?
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yup!!!
So how would they stop us, fine us?

Won't pay.

Refuse to trade with us?

No problem. Plenty of countries outside the EU and, of course, I think the German car makers would have something to say about that!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top