Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 12:53 AM

Corrie

Now, I know these are only soaps, but sometimes they do overlap into real life situations and I think they do that to highlight some serious subjects.

For instance - young Katie in Corrie, with her new baby. Why can't anybody see that she's struggling and probably has post-natal depression? Even I can see that, and I've never had any kids!

It's supposed to be a close-knit community, but what I'd like to know is, what does Fiz do with Hope whilst she's at work, and who looks after Maria's little boy, Liam? They're too young for nursery.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 01:08 AM

Re: Corrie

I don't know, but out of sight, out of mind with me.

Again, I know it's only acting, but give me half the chance and I'd give that Frank a good slap in the face, with more than a wet fish! He makes my blood boil, the smarmy git!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 01:12 AM

Aye, I'd love to give him a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! He'll get his comeuppence, you mark my words!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 01:22 AM

I'm sure it was mentioned a few weeks back that Fiz takes Hope to a nursery as she can afford it now that she's working.

What do you reckon to Lewis reappearing?? Is he genuine this time around? Nah don't think so
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 02:00 AM

No, I reckon Lewis is after Audrey's money.......I mean, look at what he's reduced himself too.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

21-02-2012, 02:52 AM

I sort of hoped folk would comment on young Katie's problems as a 16 year old with a new baby and the problems she's been facing but, it may be good to discuss other aspects of Corrie as well if you're up for that.

Lewis! No way has he changed. The grotty bed-sit is a cover, otherwise he wouldn't be able to afford around £40/£50 worth of roses as a gift, plus delivery charge, and he still dresses immaculately.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 12:10 PM

Katies story reminded me that a young baby wasn't as easy at times as I seem to remember it being. I didn't have the difficulties she's having and never left my children alone but I do remember the complete exhaustion and sometimes the dispair I felt. I'm glad they're highlighting the subject at a time when young mums are getting even younger. I do know one though that puts many 20-30 bracket mums to shame.. she's an absolute star and a completely organised and calm girl who tells me she was meant to be a young mum! Oh yes she does her schoolwork when the baby is napping She's 14 going on 45!
Lewis ewwwwww vile man and I agree with Mollie, I think the bedsit is a cover. Dierdre did pack a great punch in the Rovers the other night though didn't she!!!
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 12:30 PM

Almost a year ago I was getting fed up with Corrie, I went off on Holiday for 2 Weeks with my Friend and I never missed it. I've not watched it since I came back either lol. So now I don't watch any Soaps...just the occasional Film, yet at one time I couldn't live without Corrie or my daily dose of Crossroads. How we can change.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 01:20 PM

As you say, Molli, it's only a soap As far as Katie and her baby are concerned, it does happen in real life to many new mums. In Katie's case she is very young and would feel the stress more than a mum in her 20s. Some babies cry and cry which can be distressing for mums whose hormones are still all over the place. Colic is often the reason for frequent crying and very often the colic drops do not ease it. New babies need to be fed during the night so any decent sleep is disturbed. Chesney and Katie do not have any money behind them, so Chesney has to work as much as possible for them to survive.

No new mum likes to admit that they cannot cope properly, they try to hide it and get more and more stressed and it usually takes something to go wrong before the mum and those around realise something isn't right. Young Katie doesn't have a mum of her own to turn to so she's had no-one to help or guide her, so no-one to babysit to give her a much needed break.

Perfectly good storyline in my eyes..
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 08:42 PM

I bet that back door of Katie's closes many more times from now on and doesn't lock. It's never locked before when they used to go out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top