Join for free
Page 715 of 737 « First < 215 615 665 705 713 714 715 716 717 725 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 12:56 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
True.
Adverts these days always include people of various shades of brown and black out of all proportion to the actual numbers living in this country.
It's not only Coronation Street.
Same with news items, particularly the BBC of course, whites always last, blacks always first, unless it is something bad then they reverse it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Where i never really saw colour with black people i now do. They keep putting mixed race couples in adverts and TV programmes , 2 white people eith a black baby,. I've not seen 2 blacks with a white baby come to think of it.

I see colour all the time now and it really gets on my nerves, for me all this crap has done nothingvfor race relations except cause a divide where probablybthere wasn't one in the first place
I have to agree.

To be honest, when adverts come on the TV I automatically turn off (not the TV - my attention), so I don't really take any notice.

Nevertheless, the fact that they do this makes me wonder whether they're trying to brainwash people into believing that it is the actual case that there are as many non-white people as white in the country.

It occurred to me that perhaps it's to persuade employers to ensure that they employ an equal number of non-white and white people.

That, of course, would be racial discrimination.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 01:48 PM

Where i never really saw colour with black people i now do. They keep putting mixed race couples in adverts and TV programmes , 2 white people eith a black baby,. I've not seen 2 blacks with a white baby come to think of it.

I see colour all the time now and it really gets on my nerves, for me all this crap has done nothingvfor race relations except cause a divide where probablybthere wasn't one in the first place

Spot on LQ.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-05-2021, 01:50 PM

I have to agree.

To be honest, when adverts come on the TV I automatically turn off (not the TV - my attention), so I don't really take any notice.

Nevertheless, the fact that they do this makes me wonder whether they're trying to brainwash people into believing that it is the actual case that there are as many non-white people as white in the country.

It occurred to me that perhaps it's to persuade employers to ensure that they employ an equal number of non-white and white people.

I think it has gone past that in advertising, there must be a lot of out of work white actors at the moment.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

21-05-2021, 01:50 PM

People who park in disabled bays because they think stupidity and laziness are classed as disabilities.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think it has gone past that in advertising, there must be a lot of out of work white actors at the moment.
Yes. I hadn't thought about that.

I'd have thought that if they really want to show more black faces on the telly, for the sake of 'diversity', they'd bring back the Black and White Minstrel Show!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 01:54 PM

I have to agree.

Do you know that large companies have a quota to fulfil, to "represent" society? They have a tick box to show diversity and equality. The police force is one that comes to mind.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-05-2021, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
People who park in disabled bays because they think stupidity and laziness are classed as disabilities.
To be honest, I once parked in a disabled bay at a small local supermarket when all the non-disabled bays were occupied.

Was I naughty?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-05-2021, 01:56 PM

Yes. I hadn't thought about that.

I'd have thought that if they really want to show more black faces on the telly, for the sake of 'diversity', they'd bring back the Black and White Minstrel Show!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 01:57 PM

Spot on. How come they never show a Chinese family or a family of Hindus, with or without mixed race children?

Page 715 of 737 « First < 215 615 665 705 713 714 715 716 717 725 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top