Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 10:58 AM

I (most probably) have yet another voluntary position!

Yeah, I know, busy aren't I? Heathrow were looking for people to help test their new boarding terminals and asked for individuals to register their interest. I applied, but the site actually went further, stating it was for other voluntary work within the airport, and I got my confirmation of registration this morning.

Yes, something will have to give, though I don't intend doing it every day, unless I enjoy it. And let's face it, for an ex private pilot, who is plane made (or should that be plain mad?! . ), what better place to be? I even have my regn no, and just have to wait further.

The airport is easy to get to from me, though a long way, almost direct on the tube.

Mind you, if I move house......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 11:09 AM

Re: I (most probably) have yet another voluntary position!

If you're mad about flying Jazzi that's the place to be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 11:15 AM

Oooh, that sounds potentially exciting Jazzi. Good luck.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 11:16 AM

Think I'm going to need more days in the week. Thanks.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Sounds interesting Jazzi - wonder if you get cheap/free flights as a perk
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 01:24 PM

Sounds right up your street, Jazzi! What will you be doing there?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-04-2014, 01:31 PM

ATM ou, they are wanting people to test the new T2. Check in facilities, I think, at the end of this month. It's supposed to be a fun thing, with refreshments available. It might lead to other voluntary work, I am not actually certain.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 05:22 PM

This reminds me of the time i was asked to try out a new airline passenger seat,it meant stopping the night at a property and sleeping in the seat ,and being videoed and asked the following morning how comfortable they were ,i thought at first it was a wind up but i was told this guy and his wife would be there and i could take my other half .On the plus side we would be paid £50 each to do it plus meals while there .I turned the offer down because i didnt want to be videoed a sleep and i just could not go to sleep in a airline seat .

All the best Jazzi in your new role .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-04-2014, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
This reminds me of the time i was asked to try out a new airline passenger seat,it meant stopping the night at a property and sleeping in the seat ,and being videoed and asked the following morning how comfortable they were ,i thought at first it was a wind up but i was told this guy and his wife would be there and i could take my other half .On the plus side we would be paid £50 each to do it plus meals while there .I turned the offer down because i didnt want to be videoed a sleep and i just could not go to sleep in a airline seat .

All the best Jazzi in your new role .
Thanks Eliza. No, I can't sleep on planes either.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top