Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 07:02 PM

Re: Christmas presents (what to buy when they have everything)

My two are 12 and 11 year old boys and I would give them the money to get what they want (within reason of course), but the wife insists she wants to get presents for them, that rules me out so I give her the money and she buys the presents. Children at that age change their minds quickly, its much easier when they are younger.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 08:17 AM

aitch, we gave up trying to buy presents for our kids, other than the sort of stocking fillers a long tome ago.

They have their own values and ideas as to what they want so we just stick 500 in each of their accounts, much easier and less stressful.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 11:12 AM

Antibrown, I add to my grandchildren's bank accounts weekly, and between their birthdays and Christmas, they all receive £100 each, £25 for birthdays and the remainder at Christmas, up till a couple of years ago, I used to try and surprise them all with something a little extra, which they would not be expecting, nothing expensive, but practical, one year I got both my son in laws, hands free blue tooth car phone kits, they were a bog off offer, for my daughters, we have a tradition going back to before they got married, of a special type of chocolate, which doesn't seem to last beyond boxing day, so still scratching my head, !!, and yesterday when I took my granddaughter to the cinema, I told her I was going to get another (smaller) Christmas tree, she was nearly in tears, but that's grandmas tree was what I was told, so back to square one with that Idea.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Thank god I don't have kids. £500 each
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2011, 03:52 PM

I give the older ones money. Go shopping with my Daughter and Daughter in law. So they can pick what they want me to get the grandchildren.
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 06:11 AM

Every year i buy the grandkids the same they are now 8 & 9 and for the last 3 years i have bought them a dressing gown, pyjamas, slippers a book and a selection box..I dont know what else to get and i have no intention of walking round shops in a daze looking for anything extra.I bought the daughter the same last year as well..
Westie
London, UK
Westie is male 

16-11-2011, 04:12 PM

I think every boy ... old or young ... likes a torch. As a man, you can never have too many torches!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Westie ->
I think every boy ... old or young ... likes a torch. As a man, you can never have too many torches!!
True Westie as a woman I wish someone would buy me one
Les
Belfast - Northern Ireland
Les is male  Les has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 11:15 AM

Dont know what to buy my wife this year?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 08:55 PM

I have 3 presents to buy. 2 for my work colleagues and a secret santa pressie for one of our underwriters. He is mad on cricket so I shall get something along those lines. Then its job done apart from my beloved dogs who have a stocking and selection box to munch through

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top