Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2011, 06:24 PM

Re: Oxfam

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I'm with stevmk2 here I would not give money to Oxfam as I think too much is swallowed up in admin costs. Going forward I think there is a need to educate these people and not let them have so many kids in the first place. Looking at the news there were many cases where there were 5 and 6 children in one family. I realise there has been a famine which was unexpected but I would hazard a guess that these families were never well off so should not have had so many children. Bring in compulsory sterilisation after two children and you will reduce the population and lessen the probem for the future. There are always problems in Africa and you won't sort them unless families are smaller in cases where couples are living on very low incomes.
Good post DL and I concur completely. There has to be a way to stop these irresponsible people from producing children who will have no chance of ever leading a decent existence. It annoys me intensely that however poorly fed the adults are, they always find the strength to make more babies...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Having looked down that list of salaries I find it hard to understand how someone taking £100,000. per year out of the pot can say they represent a charity, maybe he believes charity begins at home-his home..
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Having looked down that list of salaries I find it hard to understand how someone taking £100,000. per year out of the pot can say they represent a charity, maybe he believes charity begins at home - his home..
----which is why I'm being careful and doing my research jemflux.
No doubt the old line of "you have to pay the going rate" would be trotted-out if you were to ask them. stevmk2
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 12:07 AM

We give to several charities but Oxfam is not one of them, in fact all of the charities are home based, we believe charity begins at home.

Africa may have starving millions and I feel sorry for them but where has all the charity money that has been donated to Africa over the years gone?

I dont decry you giving to a charity for Africa, everyone has their own charities and great if that is what they belive in. It is your money and you decide who to give it to. Any decent honest charity deserve all the help that they can get.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top