Join for free
Page 151 of 190 « First < 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:01 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The Fox working in his garden........

Foxy lapping up the sun. X
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Good afternoon OG Fox......

I was going to abandon the forum for a while because I have such a busy life lately and not enough hours in a day........

BUT: I changed my mind and decided to look through the Bob's Bits thread and see what is happening in here...........

So, what say you... dear friend ?
Just when I thought it was going to be another average day, Wild Blueberry turns up requesting my friendship and leaving me the most beautiful message in the sadly neglected 'Bob's Bits'....
I'm so glad you decided to stick around Blueberry, and I can't understand why we are not already friends.......Long overdue if you ask me.....

I sometimes feel a bit stretched myself and have to cull some of the more oversubscribed threads, because the first thing I do is to check my emails, and after working down a rather extensive list it doesn't leave enough time to keep up-to-date with all the new stuff, so I end up missing some very interesting posts.

'So how has your running been going' I hear you ask....
After a very tiring eight miler on Sunday, I set off this morning at the break of day into the teeth of a howling gale. Lethargic and slow would best describe this mornings effort, but a failure to recover is making me consider my future workload.
I'll probably have a good run on Thursday and forget all about this mornings unfortunate display.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Foxy lapping up the sun. X
Not much sun around today Sweetie, had to put me trousers on.....
I bet nobody would recognize me on the forum if they saw me in trousers....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just when I thought it was going to be another average day, Wild Blueberry turns up requesting my friendship and leaving me the most beautiful message in the sadly neglected 'Bob's Bits'....
I'm so glad you decided to stick around Blueberry, and I can't understand why we are not already friends.......Long overdue if you ask me.....

I sometimes feel a bit stretched myself and have to cull some of the more oversubscribed threads, because the first thing I do is to check my emails, and after working down a rather extensive list it doesn't leave enough time to keep up-to-date with all the new stuff, so I end up missing some very interesting posts.

'So how has your running been going' I hear you ask....
After a very tiring eight miler on Sunday, I set off this morning at the break of day into the teeth of a howling gale. Lethargic and slow would best describe this mornings effort, but a failure to recover is making me consider my future workload.
I'll probably have a good run on Thursday and forget all about this mornings unfortunate display.....
I have been through all your lovely collection of pictures...the one with you sitting in a chair with your legs open (I guess trying to get the tan up as far as it will go ).......really took my eye and all kinds of thoughts went through my head, for instance, if I was sitting there exactly as you were, I would be charged with "indecent exposure". Men get away with murder these days........anyway, I loved the picture, and ALL your pictures are so nice. Helps to get to know someone if you can see pictures of them, and their surroundings.

I don't know why we haven't been friends "forever", you are such an interesting person, and I found that out by you in the hotseat. That is a nice way to get to know someone. I took myself off the list, as I was afraid I wouldn't have time, or someone would trash me, or no one would ask me any questions and I would be embarassed........cute aren't I?

I know what you are saying about cutting back on the running. I have been a strong swimmer all my life, and taught swimming as well, in the last couple of years, I found out, it was time to cut back on that. I felt short of breath, and was worried that I wouldn't make it to the end of the pool. And I am sure you are not as old as I am, so please we careful my new-found friend. As soon as I got to know you in the hotseat, I decided I was going to sent you a "friend" request......(and I am glad I did, because you are "one special man")

Blue
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-10-2018, 10:30 AM

I don't know what to say Wild Blueberry....
I've never looked upon myself as 'Being Special' unusual perhaps....
You are far too kind, but I'm flattered all the same, and flattery will get you everywhere.....

You are what you are Blueberry, and it's a shame that you withdrew from the hotseat, you sound like a very interesting person to me, and I would love to hear more about you. Your life of swimming sounds particularly interesting. Perhaps we could have our own little 'Hotseat' here in Bob's Bits, it would be wonderful to get to know you a little more.

Age is only in the mind Blueberry, you can still be very young and attractive on the inside, as you appear to be.....

Although following two Heart Attacks I will not lie down, and persist in running around the neighbourhood, I have to be mindful of the seriousness of the illness. I still follow the adventures of some of my colleagues that continue to compete in events, and realise that due to my condition I do not post the times that I should be for my age. It is one of the reasons that I have declined from entering anymore running events. The body still works fine, but the engine (heart) will not develop the horsepower that it once could. Despite this, I will continue to run while ever it provides enjoyment......

So thanks for your post Blueberry, it has put a spring in my step and a strain on my heart........but an enjoyable one at that....x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 10:50 AM

Good morning Handsome.........

Popping in to let you know I am thinking about you
I have been so busy in the real world right now, that I am sure I will not be on much.......but, I will pop in here whenever I am able (as I am working through all your wonderful posts from your "admirers". I am glad you allow me to add you to my "friend" list....you are certainly one of the most interesting men on this forum..

I taught swimming as a part time thing after I retired. My history is in the offices and a private investigator. I loved working, but with some main medical issues, I always had to have a job that allowed me to choose my own hours, and that was how I was able to raise my son on my own.

My husbands are dead now, and I am still "kicking up my heals"...and having fun. I am full of fun most of the time, until certain buttons get pushed, and forums are full of Button Pushers,
but they are "good fun", and people who I used to detest, I now admire and enjoy their posts. It takes time to learn how to get along on forums, but the hardest is "how to back down from locking horns with someone........hahaha

Look at me, trying to steal your thunder and posting all my "stuff" on Bob's Bits....sorry

So happy to know you..........you are not just another sexy guy, you are not afraid to have fun and look at the good side of people........Thank you OG Fox for looking at the good side of me

Blue XX
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-10-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Good morning Handsome.........

My husbands are dead now, and I am still "kicking up my heals"...and having fun. I am full of fun most of the time, until certain buttons get pushed, and forums are full of Button Pushers,
but they are "good fun", and people who I used to detest, I now admire and enjoy their posts. It takes time to learn how to get along on forums, but the hardest is "how to back down from locking horns with someone........hahaha

Look at me, trying to steal your thunder and posting all my "stuff" on Bob's Bits....sorry

So happy to know you..........you are not just another sexy guy, you are not afraid to have fun and look at the good side of people........Thank you OG Fox for looking at the good side of me

Blue XX
Thanks Blueberry, nice of you to look in. There's not much been happening in Bob's Bits just lately, but with an imminent visit to Llandudno approaching, things should be looking up.... Lets hope the weather is looking up too....

I find some humour usually works well in a tricky situation with another poster, or in the worst scenario, cutting myself a big slice of humble pie if things go pear shape. Humble Pie is preferable to having to leaving the forum, I believe that everything can be resolved...

I'd just like to point out that nobody owns a topic Blue and I welcome all posters who visit and post in Bob's Bits, because I sometimes run out of things to say...............Well not really.....

So Blueberry, post as much as you like, it's what forums are for........And your complementary comments don't go amiss either..........
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-10-2018, 04:34 PM

After leaving home in the pouring rain and stopping en route for a 'big mac' we have arrived safely in bright sunshine (but a cold bracing wind) to find the annual Wales rally have taken over the sea front and caused major disruption to traffic. Been a sod to find anywhere to park as the hotel car parks are all full.... Off now for a pre dinner walk along the prom...in me winter coat!....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-10-2018, 10:12 AM

It was still dark at 6:00am as I set off jogging down the long promenade yesterday morning. Fine and dry, but a vicious cold wind tore at any exposed flesh, face and legs.
It was difficult in the early stages picking my way through grandstand seating and marquees straddled along the prom, straw bales provided protection to all the street furniture, and an endless row of bollards and barriers provided added protection along the closed seafront road.

The Wales Motor Rally had come to Llandudno for the first time in its history, bringing with it thousands of spectators, mostly of whom were 'Petrol Heads'...Even at six in the morning articulated lorries shuffled along the seafront making the final preparations for the event, with satellite dishes balanced on top of campervans providing world wide TV coverage.

I left all the pandemonium behind as I climbed out of Llandudno bay, via the steep ascent of the Little Orme, it didn't seem so little as I struggled over the crest of the hill and out into the peace of the countryside. I completed the seven mile run and felt satisfied and proud of my effort, happy that I can still run wherever I please.

We spent the rest of the day watching speeding cars and fighting our way through the swarming crowds, lucky to find a couple of seats in our favourite restaurant for lunch...

The takeover of Llandudno by Petrolheads......It was exciting though....
and good of the hotel to put on such a spectacular event for our Wedding Anniversary....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 02:32 PM

Oh, Foxy your wedding Anniversary. I do wish you had told me my lovely.
Glad you are having a lovely break away with you wifey. x

Page 151 of 190 « First < 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top