Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2011, 10:22 PM

Re: When did you last move home?

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I have to think about moving, much as I'd rather not. After my surgery and recovery I'll be looking for a studio apartment in a senior retirement community. My 8 room house and yard has unfortunately just gotten to be too much for me to cope with .......
I'm so sorry to hear that, Eileen - that is bound to be a huge upheaval for you Would you still be able to take Leia with you if you moved to a studio apartment?

Hopefully it would turn out to be ideal for you, a big house does take a lot of looking after at the best of times ....... and you will have the comfort of having a chair to sit on while you use your computer instead of sitting on the floor
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I have to think about moving, much as I'd rather not. After my surgery and recovery I'll be looking for a studio apartment in a senior retirement community. My 8 room house and yard has unfortunately just gotten to be too much for me to cope with .......
Really sorry to read this Eileen - will be a wrench for you, but if it makes life easier for you, then it will be worth it in the long run. Hoping the lovely Leia will be able to come you...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2011, 01:20 AM

At one point I'd have said I wouldn't take a place that didn't allow small pets.But Leia is so happy at Carolyn's that I might, just might,have second thoughts.... it's a long way down the road; have to get thru surgery and recovery first and start looking. Mags, I'm quite happy with my cushion!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 08:25 AM

I'd like to say I last moved home today but the vendor is playing silly b*****s.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

05-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I'd like to say I last moved home today but the vendor is playing silly b*****s.

Oh dear ........... Are you all packed a ready to roll but with nowhere to roll to ?

Hope you get it sorted soon orangutan x x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 09:25 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're getting the run around Orangutan, my Daughter went through the same thing a few years back, it can be very upsetting, as you well know. I hope things work out to your satisfaction, good luck.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Well it looks like Monday will be move day, although a very very slight chance of tomorrow.

Yes, all packed and ready to go, supposed to be out by Sunday but have extended to Monday now. Incredibly frustrating, as was meant to complete last Tuesday and took time off work to move this week.

I'm afraid vendor is a VERY nasty piece of work, so will be glad when dealings are complete.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2011, 09:41 PM

Hope all goes well for you Orangutan.....moving home is stressful enough, without having added pressures....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2011, 01:43 AM

I echo merz' post ........
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

09-04-2011, 09:16 AM

Thanks. Finally got the front door key (still need lots of others, but it's a start) at 5pm yesterday. Busy weekend ahead...

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top