Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 07:09 AM

Do you like pancakes?

If so - would you ever use one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC02dhRG-X4

To me it looks like a cross between a rubber mat and something the cat sicked up !

Given the ingredients from which pancakes are made - would you risk this?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 07:16 AM

Re: Do you like pancakes?

Errgggh yuk!!! - I have a very healthy respect for what I put in my mouth and if I want pancakes I make them fresh. Besides which - what came out of that machine wasn't a pancake - mine fill a 12" dinner plate!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Errgggh yuk!!! - I have a very healthy respect for what I put in my mouth and if I want pancakes I make them fresh. Besides which - what came out of that machine wasn't a pancake - mine fill a 12" dinner plate!!!
A man after my own heart, Uncle Joe !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 08:39 AM

Looks more like a big scotch pancake to me. They are far too easy to make with a decent pan, no need for gadgets.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 08:56 AM

That's not an English pancake, that's a form of American Pancake. I love both kinds, but that machine made one looks very stiff and stodgy. If you want American Fluffy Pancakes, handmade is definitely the way to go, then eat them with gallons of maple syrup and heaps of beautiful crispy bacon -MMMMMMMM!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 09:01 AM

They look like american pancakes .
I like as little equipment as possible in my kitchen and find most 'gadgets' pointless,. They take up valuable kitchen space and rather than being tame saving take ages to assemble and wash.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 09:53 AM

I think it would be lovely to use it for five minutes and then I would get bored with it.

As you say Meg would take up too much space, which I try to keep every thing as tidy as possible.

I like my pancakes to look different every time they are made, pale, dark, fat, thin.

No I am not going home to make any today.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 11:12 AM

Years ago my kids used to bring their friends round on Shrove Tuesday so that they could see me tossing the pancakes. Apparently there can't be many people who do it any more because they had never seen it.

I suspect it was because their parents made these teeny pancakes about 150 mm across and flipped them with a spatula. Mine are the size of the large frypan but thin, light and fluffy - they sail through the air with the greatest of ease; once perfectly cooked on both sides (using butter) they are served with lemon juice (from my lemons) and raw sugar and sort of rolled/folded up. Followed up with as many as they could eat.

Just flour, egg and milk how easy are they to make?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 11:25 AM

Oh they sound gorgeous Bruce.

Mine usually fill the fry pan and some go crispy at the edges.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

28-07-2014, 11:42 AM

Sounds delicious - everyone round to Bruce's for pancakes then !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top