Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 10:25 AM

Pressure cooking..

I used a pressure cooker for years for meat, stew etc. Now- instead of cooking it quickly in a pressure cooker - I cook it slowly in my slow cooker. A bit daft really but I haven't used my pressure cooker for ages.

Does anybody on here use a pressure cooker and what for?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 10:27 AM

Re: Pressure cooking..

Oh no I never liked them, they used to frighten me with the noise that they made, I was always scared that they were going to blow up at any minute.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 10:37 AM

I have a Prestige pressure cooker which I've had for years but now only use it for cooking gammon joints in. They turn out lovely and tender too.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 10:47 AM

I use mine a lot in winter when I make soups. I never throw a chicken carcass away without boiling it up in the pressure cooker for stock.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 01:56 PM

I am scared to death of them what with all that hssing, especially after an aunt had an "incident with one" and ended up with beetroot all over her kitchen.
I much prefer my slow cooker , even though I say it myself have turned out some crackin" meals with it.

AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 02:54 PM

I have used a pressure cooker to precook back ribs before putting them on the grill. It makes them tender.. BUT now I cook my ribs low and slow in the oven with better results. So No.. I haven't used the PC in a while either.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 07:04 PM

I used to use one (an automatic) and it was great for doing a quick Chili con Carne and cooking red meat but since my OH died I've not had to cook red meat so I stopped using it, although I have made the occasional chick stew.
The slow cooker does the job and is less heavy
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 07:37 PM

I haven't used my pressure cooker for years, maybe its time to pass it to a charity shop
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 08:57 PM

I love my pressure cooker, that and the microwave I couldn't manage without. I agree about the gammon cooks it beautifully also great for stews and even made rice pudding in it, not lately cos I was eating it all!!!
Also have a slow cooker which is handy, too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top