Join for free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 10:37 AM

Fat obese chubby /insulting

Thinking on the political correct thread

This is the Dutch royal family on the Kings birthday 27 April.

http://www.nltimes.nl/2016/04/28/dut...sed-interview/

The appearance of princess Amalia (in the black outfit) has created a storm of insults ranging from chubby to 'fat royal pig who should eat less cake'.

Yes this child is in the public eye and so she has to get used to some negative press but is this really necessary?
Does her size in any way influence her ability to perform her duty as a royal princess?

Besides that what right does anyone have to flood the net with cruel and negative comments about a 12 year old girl?

The singer Karen Carpenter said her eating disorders began when she was referred to chubby. She died as a result of heart failure caused by her anorexia.

The other thing that bothers me is that in the 21st century we are still obsessing and judging a women/child based on their looks rather than their deeds or charecter.

Isnt it time to move on from this superficial nonsense?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 10:47 AM

Re: Fat obese chubby /insulting

It is so insulting Cass. She actually very pretty. I actually do not like looking at stick thin actresses.

Not nice at all. He who casts the first stone.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

The appearance of princess Amalia (in the black outfit) has created a storm of insults ranging from chubby to 'fat royal pig who should eat less cake'.
I'll have to pass on this one Cass.
I've just read your link and see no references to the princesses size at all....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 10:49 AM

I couldn't see a fat girl! I saw three pretty, smiling, healthy girls.
I can't believe people would class any of them as fat.
These days, people's expectations of how other people should look has gone completely rediculous!
Is it any wonder, that there are so many children with psychological problems, these days.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'll have to pass on this one Cass.
I've just read your link and see no references to the princesses size at all....
Sorry no the link was just to show the photo. I wont post links to the FB and twitter posts that have been saying the disgusting things, besides you couldnt read them as they are all in Dutch anyway..

My point is why be so unkind to a 12 year old?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 11:03 AM

Pretty kid, lovely hair too.

Nice looking family to me, Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Pretty kid, lovely hair too.

Nice looking family to me, Art.
I agree! Mups
I did google the Dutch Family and there is a lot of venom regarding the girl out there.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 11:58 AM

I quite agree. It should be against the law to insult overweight people as it is certain religions and sexual preferences. If we are going to do this pc stuff it should be fair and across the board or not at all.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 12:15 PM

Fat is a temporary caloric imbalance, but stupid is a permanent genetic malfunction!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
Fat is a temporary caloric imbalance, but stupid is a permanent genetic malfunction!

But quite often, the stupid get the best jobs.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top