Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 12:24 PM

Re: Oscar Pistorius

I also agree. He should be given the same sentence anyone else would get. Having a disability should not mean he can get away with his crime, although he has done in the past. Perhaps that is why he thought he really could get away with murder.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 01:21 PM

Disabled people are still people like the rest of humanity with all the good bad and downright evil that exists amongst us all.
I agree that he thought he was somehow special and would never serve a long sentence if at all. He miscalculated, took a life and now has to pay.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
Disabled people are still people like the rest of humanity with all the good bad and downright evil that exists amongst us all.
Like parking, bloomin blue badge holders grrrr.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
he has killed someone who has no chance to feel anything again.
Yes Julie, that sums it it up precisely. To be honest I have tried to avoid spending much time following this story. I have very little respect for the legal proffession and when you get so called 'high power' lawyers pontificating to the world media the whole thing becomes akin to a bad B movie of yesteryear.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Failing that what is the point of putting him in jail ? He will be a burden on the state for decades .
Since when did money have anything to do with right and wrong.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think jail is the right place taking another life doesn't help and makes us murderers too.
Does South Africa still have the death penalty I didn't know that was a possibilty. (But like I said above I have tried to avoid spending time following what is basically just another murder trial.)

Put him in jail for a very long time and let the world get on with more important matters.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 05:25 PM

Forget the disability....this is just another example of a moment of madness during a lovers tiff by a gun-loving drunken fool.
It's happening every day in the USA and no-one bats an eyelid.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
That is an interesting and valid point, Malcolm.

I guess it's because most of the perpetrators n the USA (and elsewhere) are "unknowns" whilst this bloke was a "media star" whom people respected because of his achievements and could relate to.
Perceived as a 'role model' even.
As yes those unknowns, OJ Simpson and Phil Specter to name but two !
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I watched the scene of him walking on his Stumps and I think to use the ploy of Showing a disabled person is way out of line , this is to gain a world wide sympathy vote for Pistorius.
If he was so afraid of intruders why did he go looking for them , instead do what most would have done and phoned Police .

Let him go to jail like any other person who takes a life .Otherwise what message is it sending out ? ..Well to me it says if you are disabled you can take the law into your own hands and shoot to kill anyone in your home ..
I agree, and it was a pathetic ploy!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
.... It's happening every day in the USA and no-one bats an eyelid.
Because " ....most of the perpetrators in the USA (and elsewhere) are "unknowns" whilst this bloke was a "media star" ?

Hmmmmm - "it's happening every day" and you manage to name two.
I see.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 07:10 PM

Claudine Longet as a third .....

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top