Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:00 AM

Re: Change the subject

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Scotland voted as it did, no need for anyone to get annoyed about it at all May.

Lets face it, you are a far more united country than England is and you have politicians who work for you, whilst our bunch are useless.

I shall miss your posts, always interesting.
May I like you regardless of how you voted. I think it's sad people are making comments about countries within the UK. Are people seriously disliking people from where they are based or how they voted . Grow up everyone
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I feel as You do Tessa...I didn't really know how much Folks on here disliked Me simply because I'm Scottish and the majority of Scots voted differently from Them..It has upset Me very much as I love this Forum but doubt if I'll be back any time soon.
May I am sure a lot of us like me are as upset by some of the comments toward you, we do like you ! I've been to Scotland many times and only ever met two people who were not nice and I'm pretty certain neither of them were you !
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:04 AM

I keep bobbing in and out of the forum just now. I know what you mean Mups its all getting outta hand with the political side of things. I dont read papers or watch the news i'm past caring..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:11 AM

Who has been nasty to May?
Are you bloody mad?

She's a tough Glaswegian BURD( see, I remembered the spelling)who'd remove your body parts without a second thought.

Anyway, she's also cool.

Don't you dare flounce, May....id miss your humour and Glaswegian charm.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:12 AM

I have stopped watching the news and reading the free paper that I get on the bus in the morning. What ever is going to happen will happen now.

I have found some people take it so personally and go into attack mode if that word is even mentioned.

Moving onto something nice I am on holiday next week going to Torquay, hope the weather is better than it has been.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I have stopped watching the news and reading the free paper that I get on the bus in the morning. What ever is going to happen will happen now.

I have found some people take it so personally and go into attack mode if that word is even mentioned.

Moving onto something nice I am on holiday next week going to Torquay, hope the weather is better than it has been.
Hope you have a nice holiday Shirley.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I feel as You do Tessa...I didn't really know how much Folks on here disliked Me simply because I'm Scottish and the majority of Scots voted differently from Them..It has upset Me very much as I love this Forum but doubt if I'll be back any time soon.
I don't think anyone dislikes you May...I certainly don't !
I like your intelligent posts and your sense of humour.
We may not always see eye to eye....but that's life
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:58 AM

I understand well how TessA and May must be feeling. Those of us who live abroad in Europe also get the snide comments. Evidently the fact that we live elsewhere, for whatever reasons, means we have no right to be interested in, or care about, what happens to our countries of birth, the well being of our families and friends or anything else. Some people even went so far as to say if the remain voters won, then obviously it would have been a fiddle. If nothing else it has certainly shown how unpleasant and sarcastic some people can be. So donīt worry TessA, May and any others who disagree, you are not on your own.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I understand well how TessA and May must be feeling. Those of us who live abroad in Europe also get the snide comments. Evidently the fact that we live elsewhere, for whatever reasons, means we have no right to be interested in, or care about, what happens to our countries of birth, the well being of our families and friends or anything else. Some people even went so far as to say if the remain voters won, then obviously it would have been a fiddle. If nothing else it has certainly shown how unpleasant and sarcastic some people can be. So donīt worry TessA, May and any others who disagree, you are not on your own.
I agree clumsy. I felt an outcast too because I chose to live in Spain. I am sick and tired of people making political comments even in this thread to get one last dig in.

I even get fed up with name calling of politicians.

I wish people would just drop it. Maybe there should be a separate forum for the politically minded.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:11 AM

Poor old Mups started this thread to get away from politics and the like.

Mups this is for you:

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top