Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:19 PM

Re: wearing masks

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't like wearing masks as they make my nose run for some reason but if it means its keeping others safe then I'll wear one. I understand some people just simply cannot wear them because they find them too claustrophobic or they feel they cannot breathe properly and other conditions that make wearing a mask impossible. These people are genuinely exempt and shouldn't be made to feel bad. It is the rebellions that get my goat, they just don't seem to care and they make me cross.
Mask wearing is like Brexit caused a divide for sure.

Where I live we are under lockdown again so we need people to pull together, again, please don't misunderstand me, I don't mean the people exempt. But if mask wearing can give the slightest miniscule chance that it may help stop the spread then I do so wish people would take heed and at least try.
I'm trying, I am trying.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:32 PM

I was the only one in the shop tonight that had one on, not because it may make the slightest difference to any outcomes, but, going forward, it will make taking the moral high ground easier, further down the line, when a second or third spike of of shit hits the fan.

There are on fines coming my way.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I was the only one in the shop tonight that had one on, not because it may make the slightest difference to any outcomes, but, going forward, it will make taking the moral high ground easier, further down the line, when a second or third spike of of shit hits the fan.

There are on fines coming my way.
I thought they were mandatory in shops, for customers anyway? They are here.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:45 PM

Don't make no difference to some folks, mandatory hasn't mattered well pre this crisis to those fellows, I ain't known to conform usually, but, as stuff unfolds, you have to make sure there are no skeletons before gobbing off, not that anyone should gob at the moment.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 10:34 PM

I do wear masks, just to be public-spirited, but I don't think they do anything useful. Same with social distancing. We're never going to achieve Herd Immunity if we don't actually mix like a herd. I'm damn sure I won't magically acquire antibodies or T-cells (the best form of defence, apparently) stuck in my house on my own.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

23-09-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I do wear masks, just to be public-spirited, but I don't think they do anything useful. Same with social distancing. We're never going to achieve Herd Immunity if we don't actually mix like a herd. I'm damn sure I won't magically acquire antibodies or T-cells (the best form of defence, apparently) stuck in my house on my own.
I came to that conclusion too, but if I get it I know because of my age & the fact that I am a smoker puts me at high risk of getting it very badly if not terminally.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Companies probably cannot force them to wear one and leave the decision to the individual.

Hi Cinders, I mentioned about staff not wearing masks because in the opening post it said about Boris's new rule for shop assistants.
Has the new rule come into force yet does anyone know?

The plastic screens are only by the till, there is no protection whatsoever for staff or customer at the other end of the conveyor belt where most of stand to pack everything.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I came to that conclusion too, but if I get it I know because of my age & the fact that I am a smoker puts me at high risk of getting it very badly if not terminally.
My view on that aspect is that if I never develop Antibodies or T-cells I will inevitably catch it at some point in the future and I will be defenceless against it... and will be even older and less able to fight it.

I'd rather catch it and take my chances, to be honest, otherwise I will be needing to maintain Isolation for years to come. I've nearly died twice in the last three years anyway, first with a heart attack and later with multiple blood clots in both lungs, so I figure I'm in "extra time" anyway. If I die with Covid-19, I die. It's Nature's way and always has been since time immemorial.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-09-2020, 11:15 PM

When a person is statistically in the last 20% of a lifespan, anything can trigger a catastrophic event, the data kicks in and that is what goes on the exit documentation.

Electric Jobsworth.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 11:33 PM

Today I went into a convenience store where there was a sign on the door saying that masks are mandatory if shopping in the store. I walk in only to find 2 construction workers, one wearing a mask, one not. The store worker had no mask and nobody was social distancing. CraZy!

The other day I walked into a mask store with a sign saying 4 customers only so my husband and I waited to go in, sanitized our hands and picked out our items. Two guys disregarded the sign and got instantly served. One man had no mask.

Why make a safety policy for all customers if you aren’t going to follow or enforce them

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top