Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 05:48 PM

Re: Broadchurch

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Broadchurch is a nice setting. Shame about all the sad depressive people, leading sad depressed lives in it.

Just what you need before bed.
I agree, and all the long stares into space looking for a solution.

Surely Detectives are allowed to relax off duty!

In real life I doubt if there would not be such a thorough investigation.

And as for the threatening instigator, stood ther boasting how he enjoyed raping unsuspecting females, he should be given solitary confinement for many months.
However he will get all his requirements TV. Computer. Well fed and able to get further education. all free of charge and the Victim will have years of suffering mentally and even physically as well.

British Justice!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:49 PM

I thought the ending of Broadchurch was a bit flat and felt like saying... ls that it?!!
Thank Goodness for Line Of Duty!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I thought the ending of Broadchurch was a bit flat and felt like saying... ls that it?!!
I agree Art.

I think that's the problem with dragging out a programme that could have been done in two episodes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 09:04 AM

Very rare for who dunnits to end with a bang, it's the looking for the criminal that has the cliff hanger endings, once someone is found its always well that's it then. Vera is a great one for that and miss marples great while you watch them but endings are always a big ok that it then.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When there's so much anticipation the truth is bound to be a bit anticlimactic I think.

What I hated was the double shock that not one but two people were involved.

It was a truly vile story line...Also there was something in my mind that refused to believe it.

The main perpetrator, yes, he was truly evil, a very sick individual, but the youngster?
Would it really be possible to bully a 16 year old into commuting full rape?
He was scared to death and drunk...Would an erection really have been possible in those circumstances when the lad was clearly shocked and horrified at the very idea?
I'm afraid I found that one difficult to believe.
If his instinct was horror why didn't he run????
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Very rare for who dunnits to end with a bang, it's the looking for the criminal that has the cliff hanger endings, once someone is found its always well that's it then. Vera is a great one for that and miss marples great while you watch them but endings are always a big ok that it then.
Oh No, not Vera or Miss Marples! I'm afraid they aren't exciting or thrilling enough for me! Too mundane!
I only like edge of the seat thrillers that hold you all the way through with excitement and intrigue! I like it, when you think the baddie/murderer is dead and they suddenly appear again!

My brother was an extra in Vera the other week, in a hospital ward scene. I had to mute it, to watch it, as l can't bear Vera's voice!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 01:17 PM

I prefer the slower who dunnits like Vera and miss marple, time to think about who we think did it and why. The fast moving plots don't have that for us. Also not keen on too much blood and gore if they do a murder I don't really need to see the mess. Midsummer murders is about perfect viewing IMO
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I prefer the slower who dunnits like Vera and miss marple, time to think about who we think did it and why. The fast moving plots don't have that for us. Also not keen on too much blood and gore if they do a murder I don't really need to see the mess. Midsummer murders is about perfect viewing IMO
I don't like the old episodes featuring John Nettles with all his huffing and puffing and stiff arms but I do like the new ones with Neil Dudgeon, his wife and the dog.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-04-2017, 01:26 PM

I couldn't understand originally why Julie Hesmondhalgh was chosen for the part but I get it now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-04-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't like the old episodes featuring John Nettles with all his huffing and puffing and stiff arms but I do like the new ones with Neil Dudgeon, his wife and the dog.
I like both they are very different but just getting to see that mother and son who were in a couple of nettles episodes makes my day. He wore black and was very creepy and she was larger lady sat at home watching all that went past her window.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top