Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 13 of 131 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:59 PM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

I, for one, am immune to all of these scare stories being issued by the 'IN' campaign.

They're becoming scared by the public's reaction to the latest immigrant crisis and, of course, the billions we give away in 'membership fees', and are desperately trying to frighten people into NOT voting to leave the EU empire.

With a strong leadership, I am convinced that we can successfully go it alone as we have done for centuries before the ridiculous decision to be a member of this corrupt organisation was made.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
I'm reluctant to agree with Cameron but he's telling the truth for once. Why would France continue to fund and police the UK border, if we leave the Eu? They'll just open the gates and wave them on across the channel.
They would certainly try.

Fortunately, the Channel is like a moat. We could, and should, lift up the drawbridge, metaphorically speaking.

The only way illegals can get to the UK is by air, sea or the Tunnel.

Air travel is already secure; the Tunnel can be closed, at least temporarily; ferry companies can refuse entry to anyone without documents to prove they are trying to enter legally.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Fortunately, the Channel is like a moat. We could, and should, lift up the drawbridge, metaphorically speaking.

Air travel is already secure; the Tunnel can be closed, at least temporarily; ferry companies can refuse entry to anyone without documents to prove they are trying to enter legally.
Hi

How are we going to check the vehicles which they smuggle themselves in on?

Closing the Chunnel costs the UK Economy £250 million a day.

The third point, strong leadership?

I cannot see any of the useless bunch we have at present being strong at anything.

If we had had any form of even half decent leadership over the last 20 years we would not be in this mess.

We would have been running the EU for our benefit, not letting France and Germany run it for their benefit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-02-2016, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

How are we going to check the vehicles which they smuggle themselves in on?
By having a look inside! Also, CO sniffers, etc.

Closing the Chunnel costs the UK Economy £250 million a day.
Don't the Frogs benefit from it too? If not, why did they jointly pay for it?

The third point, strong leadership?

I cannot see any of the useless bunch we have at present being strong at anything.

If we had had any form of even half decent leadership over the last 20 years we would not be in this mess.

We would have been running the EU for our benefit, not letting France and Germany run it for their benefit.
I strongly agree. Until a strong leader, like Maggie, comes along, we've had it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 02:13 PM

Hi

A few points.

They will have landed here when we check the vehicles, our problem.

I could not give a sneeze how much it costs the French, I am only concerned about how much it costs us and the impact on our economy.

I am not scaremongering and I am not a member of the In Campaign, I will be voting to leave.

It is going to hurt us, both with Immigration and the cost of leaving, and it is going to hurt a lot.

However I am still voting out.

My annoyance is not with leaving, my annoyance is with Cameron and Co and the stupidity of the way it has been done.

With a little bit of forethought and planning it could have been so much better and easier for us and Billions cheaper.

Once again we have been severely let down by our Politicians.

We could have been building up our Export Markets abroad for years, getting ready for leaving.

We could have been forging alliances outside the EU, we haven't.

We could have secured all the Channel Ports and the Chunnel on our side, we haven't.

That is what annoys me, not leaving the EU.

Cameron has gone off half cock yet again, and as usual, we are the ones who will be paying.

It will not affect him or his Pension at all, he will continue, like Blair, to live in luxury whilst the rest of us pay the price for their stupidity.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Oh Dear. Dave must be running scared to make himself look more of a jackass than usual. He also makes himself look even more of a snake-in-the-grass by deliberately breaking his own rules about not speaking out about leave or not leave until the negotiations are completed on 19th February.

He just couldn't help opening his mouth by trying to strike fear into the population in stating that immigrants from the jungle will be coming over in their thousands to set up camps in the south of England - if we leave the EU.

What a total plonker !

For a start, The border controls between England and France have never been anything to do with the EU. It has always been a special agreement between our two countries.

If we do leave the EU there is nothing to say that anything should change. Even if France reneges on the current deal that has been operating for years and our own border controls are moved back to Dover - Good !

We are an island with an exemplary record of tolerance towards genuine asylum seekers escaping from war-torn countries such as Syria, this should not change and each application should be judged on it's merit.
But if as is being threatened by Dave, we will be inundated with migrant workers, then as guardians of our OWN sovereign borders, we have the right and should use that right to deport them immediately.

Send them back to France from whence they came. After all, it is the fault of France for having such a failed porous border with Italy where most Africans have come through. Let them deal with their porous border problems instead of always bleating about the problem being the lure to Britain

Until we have complete control of our own borders, we run the risk of all that million or so of economic migrants that Merkle welcomed with open arms, as well as the thousands of criminals and economic migrants being entertained in the jungle, with theatre, restaurants etc whilst waiting to break the law, will all eventually at some point, be issued with EU documents and they will just have to walk through to Britain.

Do we really want that ?

As I see it, Dave is scared, he thought he could easily fool us all with his failed negotiations,. It must be quite a shock to him that "the peasants" are not being fooled at all.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-02-2016, 02:32 PM

They will have landed here when we check the vehicles, our problem.
Why check them here?
Check them as they are boarding the ferry. Any found would be kicked off before the ferry sails.

Then, of course, there is the other strategy I have mentioned on here before: make the UK less attractive than France. NO benefits of any description at any time for uninvited immigrants. No money, no free housing, no free healthcare, no free schooling.

Oh, I know. The bleeding hearts will be out accusing us of inhumanity and shouting 'human rights', but when we are our own nation again we can do what we like without interference from either Brussels bureaucrats or our own do-gooders.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 02:43 PM

56:17 in favour of leaving.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-02-2016, 02:51 PM

Hi

I totally agree that we should leave, but sending the Migrants back to France is not an option.

We should be starting to build secure Border Control Areas now, not waiting to see what happens.

Thirty years ago when I was working the East Coast Ports we had totally secure areas and the staff to deal with them.

The Ports have expanded massively since then and the secure areas have gone, with no thought whatsoever to replacing them.

We used to go on all foreign ships docking, we used to check every unsealed container and commercial vehicle coming in.

Our Borders were very secure then, we should never have abandoned that system, but we did.

We are where we are, a great shame on successive Governments.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 03:21 PM

Hi

I totally agree that we should leave, but sending the Migrants back to France is not an option.

We should be starting to build secure Border Control Areas now, not waiting to see what happens.

Thirty years ago when I was working the East Coast Ports we had totally secure areas and the staff to deal with them.

The Ports have expanded massively since then and the secure areas have gone, with no thought whatsoever to replacing them.

We used to go on all foreign ships docking, we used to check every unsealed container and commercial vehicle coming in.

Our Borders were very secure then, we should never have abandoned that system, but we did.

We are where we are, a great shame on successive Governments.
Good post swimfeeders, we should rebuild those strong borders, and let's not forget there a visa system for sovereign countries which we can also resurrect. Ok, there will always be a few illegals and asylum seekers, but at least the vast majority of those that can freely enter at the moment from the EU looking for work would have to prove they had a job offer prior to being given entry.

Page 13 of 131 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top