Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 01:05 AM

I've got one eye bigger than the other.

I'm using the same picture I used to show how my throat scar was healing but this time I would like comments about my eye. One is bigger than the other. It's sort of happened over the past few years.

I mentioned it to the doctor once & got a talk about muscles losing their elasticity etc..

I didn't pursue it any further though because it doesn't hurt & I would never have my eyes operated on just for vanity!!

I've noticed one of the BBC news readers has one eye bigger than the other too. Wish I knew his name.

Do you know anybody with this problem - or got it yourself?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:36 AM

Re: I've got one eye bigger than the other.

It might be linked to the way your teeth come together Carol. They determine how gravity affects the eyes, cheeks and jawbone. So if you have had a tooth out on one side, dental work or even a chip can be more noticeable over time. It can also affect posture and create all sorts of musculoskeletal problems, tinnutis, headaches. It doesn't mean that is the cause but the eyes and teeth are connected.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:44 AM

My father always said my eyes were bigger than my stomach.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 06:45 AM

I never noticed it in any of your photos until you mentioned it, Carol. Your doctor seems to be offering a reasonable explanation. I know that eyelid surgery is very common, but if it isn't bothering you, then I wouldn't worry about it one little bit.

Pearl has one eye bigger than the other, and I think she's perfect!

]
'
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 08:27 AM

Well you look alright to me Carol!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 08:55 AM

I've noticed that many celebs and "ordinary" people have different shaped eyes. If you put a ruler down the centre of most photos you'll see the difference.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 09:00 AM

I think your Doctor was right Carol, as you get old you do lose the elasticity in your muscles.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:18 AM

Too much peering through keyholes.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:43 AM

I've just been scouring the internet for news reader with one eye bigger than the other.

This is the news reader I meant.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	news.reader.tim.wilcox.1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	14764  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:47 AM

Carol, l think one of my eyes has always been slightly bigger than the other but because l wear eye make up, it’s not so noticeable.
I just put mine down to the two sides of us are usually different. I would say one of my legs is slightly thinner than the other and my buzzies are slightly different in size!

I always think as long as my brain stays ok, l am not bothered about the rest deteriorating!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top