Join for free
Page 4 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 01:55 PM

Re: Enid Blyton For the Chop.

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
He's a highly skilled and educated engineer, and is used to using precise and concise language.

Edit. Just saw your edit Pixie. No problems
Thanks Dex, apologies
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 01:56 PM

"Two blacks don't make a white" is a well known phrase. I suppose we need to avoid it from now on due to possible connotations of white supremacy.
I laughed anyway because it was funny. Not because I am racist. Gosh this is hard work
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I laughed anyway because it was funny. Not because I am racist. Gosh this is hard work
Much progress there Pixie.

You avoided writing "golly gosh"
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:05 PM

Kate Mavor. This is the lady who heads up English Heritage and is responsible for all the hassle. She should stick to looking after ancient monuments and buildings. Keep her nose out of our childhood things.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	71f8067a-70ff-4d14-bcc2-4b14104b26c0_small.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	15981  
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

17-06-2021, 02:07 PM

Much progress there Pixie.

You avoided writing "golly gosh"
Dex, you are heading to the bad fire with that kind of language!!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:09 PM

English is not Beosekers first language, please be kind to him
I didn't intend to be unkind, Pixie, it just started out with my asking what he meant, and then things went off in their usual direction. I apologise to Beosekers for any offence I may have caused him. Besides, it appears he lives quite close to me, and I don't know how big he is, so I wouldn't deliberately offend him.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

17-06-2021, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Kate Mavor. This is the lady who heads up English Heritage and is responsible for all the hassle. She should stick to looking after ancient monuments and buildings. Keep her nose out of our childhood things.
I wonder if she can be contacted directly...just to have a little rant. I think a change.org would be a bit much and hardly any effect, but a strongly worded letter might work?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:12 PM

I wonder if she can be contacted directly...just to have a little rant. I think a change.org would be a bit much and hardly any effect, but a strongly worded letter might work?
In your dreams!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
We can only assume that she's been inundated with correspondence from the black community with threats of them cancelling their annual memberships if something isn't done.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:19 PM

Soon it will though racist to ask for black mascara ,blackboard paint ,black trousers, black anything …already to ask for black or white coffee is taboo

Page 4 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top