Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 07:18 AM

Re: Your relationship with your children

Originally Posted by nicol ->
i really do appreciate the support i've had on this thread

For you lot.

I think if your own family is happy and well adjusted it's hard to imagine what it's like with a dysfunctional one and like i said, sometimes you have to put your own sanity and survival before blood

i'm glad most of you have good relationships with your kids, it gives hope to cynics like me.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 08:53 AM

I get on great with my kids. My 19 year old son (grade 8 drums, 6 x A* A-Levels) is the double of me - music, work, sports etc etc and my 18 year old daughter has a great sense of humour and really pretty but she needs to pull her finger out and get a job.

On one hand I have Molly who failed her exams, doesn't have a job and just messes about with her mates and Matthew who is doing work experience at a top london law firm before he goes to Uni to study law.

They are like chalk and cheese ....

I've put the pressure on Molly by removing all utilities and funding, she should hopefully realise she needs to get a job around 4pm on Friday when she has no money to go out and get pissed with her mates.

My eldest, James, lives in supported living as he has downs syndrome, autism and other disabilities. He has been a lot of hard work growing up but also super rewarding, a really caring lovely boy, but now has some really serious mental health issues and needs 24/7 care. He is 21 now and although I know he can speak, he has never said a word for about 10 years when he suddenly stopped communicating. Something I put down to the idiots in his school giving him an iPad to communicate with and as a result abandoned the years of speech therapy and sign language we helped him with. He then abandoned the iPad and we are in the situation we are now.

... anyway, yes I have a great relationship with my kids
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 02:49 PM

I only see mine a few times a year so we get on great, but during her teenage years it was battle lines drawn with my daughter, she delighted in disobeying me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I only see mine a few times a year so we get on great, but during her teenage years it was battle lines drawn with my daughter, she delighted in disobeying me.
That sounds reasonably healthy Roxy most teens need to kick back so they can be independent when they leave home. I worry more about ones never disagree than the ones who have a brain of their own.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That sounds reasonably healthy Roxy most teens need to kick back so they can be independent when they leave home. I worry more about ones never disagree than the ones who have a brain of their own.
That's true Julie, but you know, I felt like I was rowing with myself lol. She is so like me it's scary.
AnneS
Morayshire, Scotland
AnneS is female  AnneS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 07:59 PM

I have a great relationship with my two boys even though they live about 600 miles away and have their own families. They phone regularly and visit as often as they can too. I see boys this way: I brought them up to leave home and make a life for themselves and their families, and that is exactly what they have done. They are my children and always will be no matter how old they get, and they always contact me to see how I am and not with their problems.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 09:00 AM

I would go to hell and back for my two boys .
We are a close family, we live close to each, one son lives next door with the other just across the road.
Both sons work for the family company.

So you coukd say we are VERY close

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top